+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Positives

notice how he wont answer you Clive? maybe Horlicks doesnt know the players names? im sure he can reel of Scum´s back 4 though...

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    He spent that this season, who's to say he won't?
    Clive, he spent that much but look at what he spent it on.......

Sacko - 1.7m
    Klich - 1.7m
    Grot - 1.6m
    Halme (who he?) - 560k
    Wiedwald - 500k
    Ideguchi - 560k
    Klich - 1.7m

None have been significant in terms of contribution, and some simply disappeared after being signed (the Cultural deal is simply bonkers!)

Saiz & Alioski (6m total), are the only players that our DoFs policy of "buy 'em cheap, stack 'em high", has actually paid off. Ekuban (.5m) might, but not enough time to tell.

(Jansson was acquired under different circumstances and frankly don't count in my book)

Significantly, Forshaw (5.10m) & Roberts (2.85m) perhaps reflect a change in tactics from the scooping up of dross to a more sophisticated (and well funded) purchase of key players. Forshaw hasn't had enough game time to prove one way although looks promising, Roberts who knows!.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post

Sacko - 1.7m
    Klich - 1.7m
    Grot - 1.6m
    Halme (who he?) - 560k
    Wiedwald - 500k
    Ideguchi - 560k
    Klich - 1.7m

None have been significant in terms of contribution, and some simply disappeared after being signed (the Cultural deal is simply bonkers!)

Saiz & Alioski (6m total), are the only players that our DoFs policy of "buy 'em cheap, stack 'em high", has actually paid off. Ekuban (.5m) might, but not enough time to tell.

(Jansson was acquired under different circumstances and frankly don't count in my book)

Significantly, Forshaw (5.10m) & Roberts (2.85m) perhaps reflect a change in tactics from the scooping up of dross to a more sophisticated (and well funded) purchase of key players. Forshaw hasn't had enough game time to prove one way although looks promising, Roberts who knows!.
    Last edited by Rev72; 20-02-2018 at 11:19 AM. Reason: **** knows

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Errrrrr.......what?

90 minutes without seeing one of Marleys posts..lol

Sacko - 1.7m
    Klich - 1.7m
    Grot - 1.6m
    Halme (who he?) - 560k
    Wiedwald - 500k
    Ideguchi - 560k
    Klich - 1.7m

but w are investing significant sums at this level and I am sure that Orta does not think ‘oooo let me by a crap player so I can wind fans like WTF up’ ...

we we are only 5 points of the playoffs no matter how miraculous that may seem to sum

we have some very good players in the squad

PH post match interview yesterday was v good too

all postivives

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    but w are investing significant sums at this level and I am sure that Orta does not think ‘oooo let me by a crap player so I can wind fans like WTF up’ ...

we we are only 5 points of the playoffs no matter how miraculous that may seem to sum

we have some very good players in the squad

PH post match interview yesterday was v good too

all postivives
    No, we are NOT investing "significant sums", and certainly not in players capable of forming the core of a competitive squad in THIS division, never mind the PL. Until Forshaw and the crock from West Brom, (who may or may not be worth what was paid for him), there wasn't anything like enough attention paid to what is required to be able to deliver here and now, in THIS division, not some mythical future where all the trawling of dross from the world over actually pays dividends.

Orta (goddamit, there goes my lunch!), doesn't give a flying f00k for anything that doesn't enhance his bank balance, that is the sole aim of that loathsome individual. He doesn't just pi55 me off, and thats not me saying so, just have a look around other boards, social media, media pundits etc etc, the consensus us everywhere EXCEPT in the Leeds boardroom for some bizarre reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    the only positive is we are nowhere near the bottom six just yet , and three quarters of the way through the season .

we are in freefall and more defeats are very likely in the next few matches .

we have an horrendous goalkeeper and defence , that continue to make the same mistakes on a regular basis .

at least half this side are nowhere near good enough , and will want replacing in the summer , but many know it wont happen and this club will continue going down the same old path, of bringing more dross in to the club , in another vain attempt to attain promotion on the cheap .

jansson is already looking disinterested, and it will be no surprise if he departs in the summer along with saiz .
    Clangggggggg.......

Everyone is aware of the reality of the Leeds situation. We don't necessarily have an unreasonable expectation of the home run. We are up there knocking around for 6th spot. We're now due another 'up'..........read for that - 'a string of wins and bit of luck'. Lets keep everything crossed until it's mathematically impossible.

No, we are NOT investing "significant sums", and certainly not in players capable of forming the core of a competitive squad in THIS division, never mind the PL. Until Forshaw and the crock from West Brom, (who may or may not be worth what was paid for him), there wasn't anything like enough attention paid to what is required to be able to deliver here and now, in THIS division, not some mythical future where all the trawling of dross from the world over actually pays dividends.

Orta (goddamit, there goes my lunch!), doesn't give a flying f00k for anything that doesn't enhance his bank balance, that is the sole aim of that loathsome individual. He doesn't just pi55 me off, and thats not me saying so, just have a look around other boards, social media, media pundits etc etc, the consensus us everywhere EXCEPT in the Leeds boardroom for some bizarre reason!
    hmmmn we have different ideas of significant sums - for this league we are spending decent amounts of money but not silly Man City levels.

Siaz and Alioski are very good. I personally (but accept I am in a minority) like FW. I think LDB will come good. Lassoga’s wages are not insignificant. We signed Janssen permanently when Rad had control of what was being spent.

The trouble for players is many many fans no longer give them time to develop. In today’s world big Jack would have been consigned to the scrap heap rather than being allowed to flourish in the latter part of his career.

Hey ho life would be boring if we all thought the same way.

For me there is more coherence to signings and strategy in the last twelve months than thee has been in the previous 12 years.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)