+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Morais says....

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Head Coach speaks before Norwich City game

"We're focused on Tuesday,"

"The boys are looking forward to it, they've deserved more than they've been getting recently and it would be good if we reach our possibilities against Norwich.

"All the games are very important, but the home games even more so. Because we have the support of our fans and this is an extra power for us that we can use. And we need to use that to get the three points."

"I don't see this as any bigger test than other games. I don't believe they'll be any easier or harder than our recent matches. The league is very competitive and we have to show our quality if we want to win games.

"We have a squad with some interesting players and I think rotation is easily understandable in certain situations. People ask if we need to win one of the next two games, and I say we need to win both games.

"We need to get out of the situation and so we need to win games."

Magic arr Morais

I'd rather him be saying this than Norwich are a good side so we're playing 4-6-0 in a dour monotone.

Josè: “Matt Mills and Mamadou Thiam are with the physio for now. But the rest of the players are in good condition and full of belief.”

“We are fighting for what we want and that is our Championship status. Our focus is on Saturday and getting the first of seven positive results.”

“Sheffield United is a good side with quality and high energy. But we are ready for them and a big derby game.”

“I want to see our fans replicate the atmosphere last time against Bristol City, but even better in a game against local rivals. The players responded. We need to be as one.”

“Let’s focus on our possibilities and what we can achieve. There are seven wins there, let’s go for it. There’s no point looking back, we can only affect our futures, not our ghosts.”

Jose Morais says Nick Townsend is out for the rest of the season with a broken finger.

Asked if he picked up the injury after punching Dimi Cavaré - he wouldn't confirm a punch but called it 'a duel' between two players.

Morais says the 'duel' between the two players is a good thing, says if he could put gloves on them and make them fight then he would.

They may well be some value in what he's says , sometimes a bit of a tear up can unify a squad , at least it shows they care .

Even at my level I've seen team mates having a scrap , once famously during a game ( two brothers ) but generally afterwards or training .

The crazy gang thrived on it back in the day , he's saying the right things but ultimately it's about ability isn't it and four wins from seven games does seem a tall order .

I've seen it done but with such a young group I'm struggling to see it .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    They may well be some value in what he's says , sometimes a bit of a tear up can unify a squad , at least it shows they care .

Even at my level I've seen team mates having a scrap , once famously during a game ( two brothers ) but generally afterwards or training .

The crazy gang thrived on it back in the day , he's saying the right things but ultimately it's about ability isn't it and four wins from seven games does seem a tall order .

I've seen it done but with such a young group I'm struggling to see it .
    Me too but it sounds as if we'll be going all out with no hand break so at least it 'll make for some interesting spectacles.

It's a bit late init

Jooa sez the players are full of belief. A know what he is full of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Me too but it sounds as if we'll be going all out with no hand break so at least it 'll make for some interesting spectacles.
    Im being a Victor Meldrew here Ponty because I just dont believe it... the idea that we will go almost gung-ho for the wins now in the remaining games and not just look to sit back and hang on like we've done for way too long now.
    Going 1 up (either home or away) is one thing, but what we've done after that is ridiculous because we simply cant hang onto that sort of scoreline, and really we never have been able to do that as a team/club.

What else can we do Acido? I can see where you're coming from about sitting back and I can see where SBRed is coming from about the bullsheet. However, with Morais making reference to the number of games with the word win chucked in there for good measure. I just get an inklin' he's realised it's time to throw caution to the wind. He's obviously feeling pressure because he's started explaining himself more regarding selections and subs. Did he need to explain Kieffer coming off? Not really. Before he had an arrogance now I sense he knows reality of it all.

That's hopefully a good thing. That's all we have hope.

Av 'erd frum my sooarces that he wo pointing at the players legs at heyf time ageean Millwall saying "These are warriors". No wonder the players ent a clue wots gooin on.

All these rumours not true ?

Lost the dressing room ? "It is good the players have meetings without me"

Townsend/ Cavarie feyt ? "It was just a duel"

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast