+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Morais says....

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Jose Morais says it’s a challenge at Barnsley but he loves challenges. He also says “the club are in a situation where the team needs help and needs to improve, I’m coming here to build the belief needed for the club to reach its goals.”

Jose Morais also says “he’s a leader, a coach with vision about the way to play, live, believe and a way to make things bigger and greater.” He also says he sees Barnsley as a “long project”

Morais has a long-term vision for Barnsley. Says he is 'more than a coach'

Morais seems very single-minded, knows what he wants and not to be messed with (Yorkshire Post)

On Mourinho, Morais speaks of a 'great friend'. 'Blessed with knowing and working with him for so many years.'

Morais says he has spoken to Mourinho. Has congratulated him and wished him well
    I'd be wary about people who have a lot of visions.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Yeh it's always a real asset to sell your best players , look how well Southampton are doing in the PL .

Of course it won't be anything new will it , Real Madrid , Inter Milan and Chelsea are well known for selling their top talent to bigger clubs !!!

Nothing new to us as well

Head Coach José Morais, on his backroom staff

The Reds boss, appointed on Friday, has brought in former Portugal international Dimas Manuel Marques Teixeria, simply known as Dimas, as his Assistant and Joao Cunha as his Physical coach.

Dimas, a two-time Serie A winner with Juventus in the mid-90s, has a wealth of experience having also represented Portugal. He played alongside Zinedine Zidane, Edgar Davids, Didier Deschamps, Filippo Inzaghi, Alessandro Del Piero and Antonio Conte during his time in Turin, and was also a runner-up in the 1998 Champions League final.

A former left-back, the new Barnsley Assistant competed at Euro '96 and Euro 2000, and was part of the Portugal side that helped knock England out at the group stage in the latter tournament.

“Dimas is a player that I’ve known since my time with Benfica - he was there when I was at the club,” said Morais. "He was a national player and a friend that I’ve known for many years and started to work with me selecting players.

"The experience that he has is definitely something that can create an impact; he has a great personality. He’s a reference as a football player with top quality - he’s played for Juventus, Marseille, Standard Liege, Benfica and for the national team and, for sure, he’s the influence and experience that we need in the moment that we are.”

Meanwhile, Cunha arrives at Oakwell having previously worked alongside Morais at Antalyaspor in Turkey. The 42-year-old also has a strong knowledge of English football having coached at Sheffield Wednesday, prior to joining Barnsley.

And if Morais’ and Dimas’ combined connections in the football world were not enough, the Reds’ new Physical coach is a relative of one of José Mourinho’s backroom staff at Manchester United.

"Joao is an educated guy; he has a degree in Physical Education and Sports and has been working with me for many years,” continued Morais. "Joao is a direct cousin of Rui Faria - José Mourinho’s Assistant at Manchester United and also responsible for the physical training, so this is a family of people who are very orientated to the conditioning training.

"He’s a very intelligent guy, very experienced. He has already worked in England at Sheffield Wednesday and then he was working with me in the Turkish Premier League and in Greece. He’s a guy with experience, with creativity, that knows the work that I want because he has practiced with us several times while we were at Real Madrid and Chelsea.”

Wonder where all the money is coming from to pay Jose & all this backroom staff

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Wonder where all the money is coming from to pay Jose & all this backroom staff
    Probably from the same pot that paid Hecky and his backroom staff, plus the £500,000 compo we got for Hecky from Leeds.

I think that 500k frum Weeds cancelled art the 500k we gave them fo Mowatt

I wouldn't be too cynical Hecky was asked what he wanted. Only difference was he didn't know. GG offered him the chance to add to his staff. The board are clearly backing the new coach.

Long may it continue.

Unless my maths is wrong its--

Hecky plus three art

Morais plus three in

Plus the bonus of the £500,000 release clause money from Leeds

Lets not pretend Big Chien is purrin his hand in his pocket wi extra money.

He's brought some people in with cracking credentials though SBRed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    He's brought some people in with cracking credentials though SBRed.
    I ed a p1ss next to Emlyn Hughes but it didn't improve my pIssing skills.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast