+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hammill could quit Oakwell

Hammill could quit Oakwell

Adam Hammill is ready to quit Barnsley this summer with Perth Glory keen on the winger, according to the Sun.

Hammill's Barnsley contract expires at the end of the campaign and it's claimed he could be set for a move to Australia, provided Perth can 'agree personal terms'.

The 30-year-old is in his second spell at Oakwell, which began with promotion back to the Championship.

And it could end in relegation back to League One, should final day results conspire against the Tykes, who travel to play-off chasing Derby County.

Hammill has scored or created 54 goals in 197 games for Barnsley, although he has only been involved directly in three this season, according to Transfermarkt.

His former Wolverhampton Wanderers teammate Andy Keogh is currently on Perth's books, along with Joe Mills, the younger brother of Barnsley defender, Matt.

The word "quit" implies he will ev a job to quit from. Unless he is being offered and accepts a new contract he will be unemployed. My best wishes to him if his wife wishes to build a new life in Australia. He has given me some great memories and not many BFC players have done that.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 03-05-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Plenty ov good memories ov Hammil , bin shyte this season tho , good time to move on , Good luck

Young un bought me the two Wembley games on dvd, his goal against Millwall was sublime, I've watched it over and over again, always puts a smile on my face.

Be very sad to see him go, one ot best lads av ever seen in a reds shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    Young un bought me the two Wembley games on dvd, his goal against Millwall was sublime, I've watched it over and over again, always puts a smile on my face.

Be very sad to see him go, one ot best lads av ever seen in a reds shirt.

Am in total agreement RF

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Plenty ov good memories ov Hammil , bin shyte this season tho , good time to move on , Good luck
    Who hasn't been shyte this season
    Get off his back

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Who hasn't been shyte this season
    Get off his back
    Not on his back at all , he's been shyte , too much fothi Exile ? Arr much av you seen on him this season ? I Agree he's not been on his own for being shyte , love affair ovva nar wi him and Heckyarsen , Move on , Best move for him and family , wished him well , what moors tha want , to stop here and get embarrassingly worse ? Thought not

If we go down, keep him. Good enough for League 1 easily

If we stay up I would probably have said time to go but his performance against Brentford is making me rethink that , was like a different player again. As a winger though he’s struggling in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Not on his back at all , he's been shyte , too much fothi Exile ? Arr much av you seen on him this season ? I Agree he's not been on his own for being shyte , love affair ovva nar wi him and Heckyarsen , Move on , Best move for him and family , wished him well , what moors tha want , to stop here and get embarrassingly worse ? Thought not

Not as many as I would like only 5 or 6 due to surgery but enough to form an opinion

Agree with that ESR, think he's struggled this season in the Championship but would do a job in an attacking midfield role in league 1.

I must say tho if I'd have had the opportunity of a few years of well paid work in Australia at 30 yr old I'd have bit somebody's hand off no matter how much I love my home town.

As Roma says it would be a good move for him and his family at his age and point in his career.

I wish him well whatever he decides to do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast