+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Morais says....

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Would he turn us into another Chelski though Ponty (minus all the trophies!), and sign foreigners only if he eventually gets to wave the cheque book ?.
    I dont mind us looking abroad for some foreign talent but messrs Thiam & Knasmullner are hardly a barrel of laughs on that front are they!.
    If we stop up yes and why shouldn't he? However, if we go down I'd stick to the spreadsheet because it clearly works up to and including Championship promotion.

One thing I'll say for the new owners they weren't in place during the fire sale. I can see a few disgruntled players being held to contract.

When will ya gerrit into yer eeards lads that we have a head coach and NOT a manager.

A manager buys his own players and succeeds or fails on the back of that.

Our head coach is here to get the best out of the players he's given but suffers the same fate as a manager does if he fails.

Head coaches may have some input but the players are chosen by the boardroom, hence Morais will never have the privilege of chosing entirely his own players. Neither did Hecky have that privilege either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    If we stop up yes and why shouldn't he? However, if we go down I'd stick to the spreadsheet because it clearly works up to and including Championship promotion. One thing I'll say for the new owners they weren't in place during the fire sale. I can see a few disgruntled players being held to contract.
    Well its not as though our owners need the money now is it from any possible sales, so they might do just that and force players to sit on the bench. (which is what I thought they were going to do with Yids when his move fell through)
    Last edited by Acido; 19-04-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Would Colin or Mick have done better with this lot, if they'd had the short time hes been here ?.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Mr Morais won 9 games in a 28 game stint at Antalyaspor, then "moved on". Can't find any details/ context but it must be relevant to our Championship dog feyt or he wuntta mentioned it. If he has done it there, I believe he can do it here.

He got the sack the following October

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Yes
    NO N NO Thu wunt want job ennyrooard , José is the Man

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    NO N NO Thu wunt want job ennyrooard , José is the Man
    There is that as well I suppose Roma, at least Jose took the job whereas Colin & Mick wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole. But if Im honest, I do also believe that both of them would have got more out of our players at this stage.

There is that as well I suppose Roma, at least Jose took the job whereas Colin & Mick wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole. But if Im honest, I do also believe that both of them would have got more out of our players at this stage.
    A know the wunt a tekken it being told by suits who we wo buying but that wont thi question Acido.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    He got the sack the following October
    Yes, it's wot a wo saying in Post 137.

Mr Morais is saying he took Antalyaspor "from bottom to safety" but he arrived there in Jan 2016 when they were 10th out of 18 and they were 9th at the end of the season so unless he took them to the bottom and then back up again he can't mean that season. Following season in August he must have edda shocking start and they went bottom but he took them to safety ie above the bottom three before he wo sacked in October. He's a clever chap with words is Mr Morais.
    He then moved onto AEK Athens where he lasted 14 games. Then followed several months of unemployment in 2017 befooar he rocked up at Barnsley "risking" his career as he said.
    Tha can't pillak Barnsley fooak Mr Morais.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-04-2018 at 07:15 PM.

Some people will not give anyone a chance, bloke comes in took charge of a team that had just been sh1t on by the previous manager "who had just signed a new contract", who also took most of the staff knowing full well they was under a down ward spiral heading for Division 1 "with no loyalty to see the job out" (this I'm a Barnsley fan and love the club what a load of ba11ocks) (Hackintheass can't p1llock an owd collier like me) I bet the players had zero confidence at that time and wondered what the f*** was going on then this new kid took charge and had to really start from scratch but some supporters were at him from day 1 and that's what I call not rieght.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast