+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Morais says....

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    The Reds Head Coach addressed the media at Oakwell ahead of Tuesday night's clash against Nottingham Forest at the City Groun.

Saturday's defeat at Elland Road against Yorkshire rivals Leeds United ended a three-match unbeaten run, and with another game coming so quickly, the Portuguese feels it's positive and an opportunity to put in a more effective display.

"We had opportunities and possibilities to get what we wanted against Leeds," he told us.

"But we did not take our chances when they arrived. We weren't calm, we needed to be clinical and effective with these chances.

"I believe the will is there, everybody is giving their maximum. But in some moments it's about skill and ability, and if things aren't going well you need to change things.

"You can't increase the determination and will of these players, they're giving it everything. But you can improve the ability and skill and this is what we must do.

"If any player I believe is lacking this hunger then I have one solution and that is to remove them from the team.

"But we have a fast opportunity to get the result we want in tomorrow's game."

That game comes against a Forest side who've slumped in form recently, with just one win in their last five matches.

With this fixture being the Reds' game in hand on their competition for survival, Morais admits the significance of it, calling it 'now or never'.

"I want us to be more calm and more effective with the chances we are creating. The opposition are stable, they can't get to the playoffs and they are safe for another year, they're playing with tranquility.

"But I believe it is a must-win, we are now in the moment of it's now or never, just like the song.

"And that is such a wonderful moment to be in this point, to have that chance. I believe all of the players are excited to play in this game and to show their true capabilities."
    He can increase the skill and ability but not the determination .

Cool !!!!!!!

Weear did the "three match unbeaten run" come from ?

A thought we lost at Ipswich,

They had a behind closed doors game against Barnsley F.C. U9s

They managed to hold on for a 2-2 draw

Does this morais fella get anyone up for the cup so to speak?

He sounds flippin lame.

Its like me dad tryin to explain the complexities of drum an bass versus breakbeat. You ain't cool dad.

No wonder the ad secret meetings it so they can tek piss art on im.

Controversial but i want to bin im and get someone better.

Wish list as follows.
    1 ancellotti
    2 anyone from tarn
    3 except hecky

Just one cornetto give it to me

“But I believe it is a must-win, we are now in the moment of it's now or never, just like the song”

The bloke is crackers! When we lose tomorrow night which we will (cos we have won 2 games since new year) he will say.....believe we have 2 games that will define our destiny and the most important game is against Brentford on Saturday!

Then when Brentford beat us if we are not already down he will say..... Believe we have one more game and the players know how important this game is (no s h i t Sherlock)

If we stay up.....I believed I knew the players would believe in our quality.

When we go down......We just didn’t believe enough, goodbye I enjoyed the Barnsley experience, I believe the new leader of this team will make them good enough to come back next season!

Mad as a box of frogs.

But I like it !

He wants to preach to them blokes walking around with the end is nigh boards mind's yeah they could be right after scab game

Read my last entry and see how far off I am with his post match interview?

The annoying thing is, hes right of course and we all know that as well, and he will try to put even more emphasis now on us needing to win our remaining games etc. Stranger things have happened but its out of our hands now and to be honest, we dont deserve to stay up after what we've done to ourselves as a club.
    Blame is being given all over the place by our fans, and some (on Bbs) are levelling it at Mr Cryne as well, and that not surprisingly is a very touchy and difficult subject.

Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast