+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As promised..Have we missed Saiz?

Saiz and lassoga upfront Clive, Dallas vieira forshaw hernandez for me, with Saiz/ hernandez interchanging making the marking job dificult. Roofe for any of the above last 30 mins.

Sacko, ekuban, okane where they belong - nowhere near the squad, Phillips on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    Saiz and lassoga upfront Clive, Dallas vieira forshaw hernandez for me, with Saiz/ hernandez interchanging making the marking job dificult. Roofe for any of the above last 30 mins.

Sacko, ekuban, okane where they belong - nowhere near the squad, Phillips on the bench.
    Sorry BB - But away to Derby - can't play both Saiz and Hernandez for me - but with just Viera and Foreshaw in center midfield we'll get overrun and all the pressure would be on the back four again.
    Could do with a big performance from Lonergan too IMO
    I'd go with your selection but Phillips For Hernandez to start - keep it tight - then bring on Hernandez when Saiz tires - as he will after a month out - also think Hernandez performs better as a sub away from home.

Hopeful for tomorrow - but we don't fair well at Derby in recent times - and they're bang in form.
    Last edited by Tichi1; 20-02-2018 at 12:31 PM.

Tin Hat time.

I know he hasn't been playing well but there is always Alioski, Siaz seems to bring the best out of him and I think they can link up well.

certainly he plays well when Saiz is in the side Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    certainly he plays well when Saiz is in the side Fred.
    It's just a question of formation with the return of Siaz, BB. I'm hoping with his return he will start making some of the other players shine.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    Tin Hat time.

I know he hasn't been playing well but there is always Alioski, Siaz seems to bring the best out of him and I think they can link up well.
    Spot on!

Definitely missed him big style. Alioski is a better player with Saiz in the side. Maybe Hecky might go 451 with both Saiz and Pablo in midfield just behind and supporting Lasogga with Philips and Forshaw being the stoppers behind Vieira.
    Being ever hopeful, I’m thinking Derbys style will bring out the best in us.

Lot to be said for choosing your best players and then working the system around them. PH and Siaz together should be able to unpick most teams and lay on chances for Roofe or Lassoga to bury. Forshaw and Vierra/Phillips/okane should be able to shore things up behind them.

It's funny how now we have and know who is available for our squad, it's not clear cut as to what the 18 is, who starts and who's benched, and then what formation to use, tough for Paul to figure out I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    It's funny how now we have and know who is available for our squad, it's not clear cut as to what the 18 is, who starts and who's benched, and then what formation to use, tough for Paul to figure out I'm sure
    Some ideas on the matchday thread, and 442.

Best defence is a good offence

First rule of the modern day Navy, hit first, hit hard and keep on hitting

They can't score if they don't have the ball

Possession is 9/10ths of the law (in football)

I'm sure there are other little homilies😉

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)