+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: OT/ prisoner of the system

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I feel for you Silly.

Oct 3rd 2016 was my last day at work. My doctor had been telling me for a while that I should take a rest but I couldn't/wouldn't. Anyway I had a series of injections into my ankle and had to stop working so the infiltrations could work but they didn't.
    Scans revealed that I have orthritus in my ankle and I need it blocking or a replacement.
    At the moment I am looking for a surgeon who will operate after 2 have said that I'm too young. On Thursday I see another who I'm hoping will.

Financially I have insurance which only goes so far and a state sickness benefit.

Just before Xmas I was declared handicpped because the french don't have the word disabled. This gives me the right to retrain and the state will pay for me to have 3 years of training.

Silly being on state benefits when you've paid into it gives you the right to the benefits. Unfortunately being on state benefit when you haven't paid into it also in some cases gives you the right to state benefits.

People need a leg up sometimes and there should not be ashamed to claim it when like you you're entitled to it.

In addition to what Stonewaller said there is als ACAS Arbitration who will advise free of charge.

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2007
    That sucks man but I’m confused how can you be too young?

Kinda reminds me of the film dr strange though you can’t find someone willing to operate on you.

Me when I was young they did tests to find out where it was in my brain but they couldn’t find it. My mum said you wouldn’t really have it would you, I said if I can get rid of this stupid thing il do anything. Unfortunately they couldn’t find its location.

Me I just want some stability in my life but at min it’s like the start of Rotherham’s season no clue what will happen

Silly
    What are you wanting to do going forward ?
    In terms of ideal job work etc?
    I deal with loads of different companies and I’ll keep my eye out for you?
    Hope this comes across as not been patronising just trying to help a fellow miller.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    That sucks man but I’m confused how can you be too young?

Kinda reminds me of the film dr strange though you can’t find someone willing to operate on you.

Me when I was young they did tests to find out where it was in my brain but they couldn’t find it. My mum said you wouldn’t really have it would you, I said if I can get rid of this stupid thing il do anything. Unfortunately they couldn’t find its location.

Me I just want some stability in my life but at min it’s like the start of Rotherham’s season no clue what will happen
    The ankle replacements lasts up to 10 years and up to recently they had a success rate of 24%. Now the success rate is up around 85%. The replacements themselves have improved. I have been able to find every surgeon who has carried out this operation. There are 280 but only 17 do them regular. We have the right to go to any of these surgeons by phoning their office. I asked my gp who has been great to write me a prescription.
    I am going to see number 3 on the list. I'll go through them all if I need.

One thing that pisses me off. I cannot go on holiday so I can't get to NYS.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Silly
    Hope this comes across as not been patronising just trying to help a fellow miller.
    Thanks pocket il keep that in mind but I don’t know what to do going forward.

One thing that pisses me off. I cannot go on holiday so I can't get to NYS.
    So much for freedom of movement huh frog

It’s like that in U.K. your not allowed out of country if your on benefits yet people who work get actual holidays. Then you get the odd MP who thinks anyone who has a illness should be condemned.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Silly
    Don’t post much on here now ......but pocket that is the best post I’ve seen this year .....well done my friend I will buy you a pint when I eventually meet you ,although I think I already have 😎😎😎

One thing I'm surprised no one has mentioned.

Silly has admitted that he was given a medical questionnaire but chose not to disclose his condition.

I can understand why he did that if, as he says, he wouldn't have got the job anyway.

However, wouldn't his failure to disclose put the mockers on any possible action against the employer.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    One thing I'm surprised no one has mentioned.

Silly has admitted that he was given a medical questionnaire but chose not to disclose his condition.

I can understand why he did that if, as he says, he wouldn't have got the job anyway.

However, wouldn't his failure to disclose put the mockers on any possible action against the employer.
    Not sure but I would think so but I can tell you now you can be bubbly nice honest highly intelligent but if they don’t like the look at what you put on medical you get “unfortunately we’re sorry to say you didn’t get the job” when the other woman who just shrugged her shoulders all the time did. Yeah you’d be thick to not twig the real reason.

They say it’s for stats to make it a more diverse company (what a load of tripe)

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    So much for freedom of movement huh frog

It’s like that in U.K. your not allowed out of country if your on benefits yet people who work get actual holidays. Then you get the odd MP who thinks anyone who has a illness should be condemned.
    It's strange how the EU works.

I can't go out between 10hrs -12hrs and 14hrs - 16hrs mon to fri apart from a medical or to see them. Just in case they want to visit me at home.

It's strange how the EU works.

I can't go out between 10hrs -12hrs and 14hrs - 16hrs mon to fri apart from a medical or to see them. Just in case they want to visit me at home.
    Did they stick a pet chip in your neck as well?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast