+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: OT/ prisoner of the system

Quote Originally Posted by villamiller View Post
    Don’t post much on here now ......but pocket that is the best post I’ve seen this year .....well done my friend I will buy you a pint when I eventually meet you ,although I think I already have 😎😎😎
    Cheers Villa.
    The drinks on me pal and yes I think we’ve probably met.
    My pal Scum will probably vouch for that.
    If not I’m sure Scum will let me know where your drinking and I’ll buy you both one.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Cheers Villa.
    The drinks on me pal and yes I think we’ve probably met.
    My pal Scum will probably vouch for that.
    If not I’m sure Scum will let me know where your drinking and I’ll buy you both one.

UTM
    Park Hotel Pocket, be prepared to buy Mrs Villa one as well pal.

My advice Silly-Miller is to take some time out, get yourself physically and mentally fit.
    Don't rush back into the first job that's offered, as difficult as it may be try to be more selective.
    There are some decent employers out there and yes they do employ people with Epilepsy depending what job they are employed to do.
    You ought to declare the Epilepsy on any job application, decent employers will give you a chance. Keep taking the medication prescribed & try to limit your time on the PC, little & often. ( that's not sarcasm, It's a fact )
    Try to stay motivated, everyone has a talent, some are more talented than others.
    At least you have your family & close friends to support you.

Good Luck, Good Health & Goodnight.

Did they sack you or make you redundant? Sorry if you mentioned this
    Is it possible you were sacked/made redundant because you didn't declare your illness?

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Did they sack you or make you redundant? Sorry if you mentioned this
    Is it possible you were sacked/made redundant because you didn't declare your illness?
    Wasn’t there long so didn’t matter and I didn’t ask it’s not first time it’s happened to me, unfortunately

To be honest I can understand the thought train of almost anyone. If you brake it down it always comes down to fear> prevention> details> cover

Fear > oh god this guys a liability and possibly a disruption to the entire company
    Prevention> stop him from working here or get him out of here
    Details> ok this is not right he knows why he’s been shown the door what do we need to do to smooth this over.
    Cover> silly came in unfortunately although his score was higher than Sharon’s we didn’t feel that he was this companys material or due to budget cut backs we had to let silly go

In a few weeks they will replace me like last company did.

Until they ban medical forums before you get the job people will always be weeded out

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    My advice Silly-Miller is to take some time out, get yourself physically and mentally fit.
    Don't rush back into the first job that's offered, as difficult as it may be try to be more selective.
    There are some decent employers out there and yes they do employ people with Epilepsy depending what job they are employed to do.
    You ought to declare the Epilepsy on any job application, decent employers will give you a chance. Keep taking the medication prescribed & try to limit your time on the PC, little & often. ( that's not sarcasm, It's a fact )
    Try to stay motivated, everyone has a talent, some are more talented than others.
    At least you have your family & close friends to support you.

Good Luck, Good Health & Goodnight.
    Thanks I’m going to think what to do next I can’t keep going on like this.
    And honestly I don’t believe there are any decent employers out there, they can say what they want however with all the political correctness 90% of what bosses say to you 1 on 1 is bull sht.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Did they stick a pet chip in your neck as well?
    The wife did it for them years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I feel for you Silly.

Oct 3rd 2016 was my last day at work. My doctor had been telling me for a while that I should take a rest but I couldn't/wouldn't. Anyway I had a series of injections into my ankle and had to stop working so the infiltrations could work but they didn't.
    Scans revealed that I have orthritus in my ankle and I need it blocking or a replacement.
    At the moment I am looking for a surgeon who will operate after 2 have said that I'm too young. On Thursday I see another who I'm hoping will.

Financially I have insurance which only goes so far and a state sickness benefit.

Just before Xmas I was declared handicpped because the french don't have the word disabled. This gives me the right to retrain and the state will pay for me to have 3 years of training.

Silly being on state benefits when you've paid into it gives you the right to the benefits. Unfortunately being on state benefit when you haven't paid into it also in some cases gives you the right to state benefits.

People need a leg up sometimes and there should not be ashamed to claim it when like you you're entitled to it.

In addition to what Stonewaller said there is als ACAS Arbitration who will advise free of charge.

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2007
    Great news for me today. The surgeon has proposed an operation that will see me rieght for 20 years. He's going to put a plate over the problem area and fuse my ankle mechanically and he'll operate again when I'm retired and give me the operation the other surgeons were going to do.
    This means that I should be pain free and have movement in my ankle for the rest of my life.

Going out ont piss to celebrate my wife's birthday now!

Be good

Great news Frog. Don't drink too much though or you might fall over and have another injury.

Silly-Miller.
    Never be put off by what you can't do, focus on what you can do, and what you want to do.
    Also, there are always positives to be gleaned from a negative situation, life is not all doom and gloom, depending on how you live your life.
    Once upon a time......I was offered the chance to do a course on Drystone Walling, initially, I wasn't interested, but I went on the course to make the numbers up.
    I did however, enjoy the work, and I decided to go for my first level qualification.
    This was undertaken on Earl of Scarborough's estate at Sandbeck.
    I dismantled a section of wall, and rebuilt it within my allowed timescale. I thought it looked great, the chap assessing us for the test told me, " you've passed, just, but don't think about taking it up for a living"!.
    What a kick up the rear end that was, " right, I will show you, was my reply.
    Within 3 years, I had attained my Master Craftsmanship in this craft and was at the top of my trade.
    I met this chap who had advised me not to take the craft up for a living. I tapped the guy on the shoulder and asked him if he remembered me, he did.
    I thanked him for giving me the incentive, and drive to make the craft my career.
    I went on to be Derbyshire Branch Champion twice, Derbyshire Gritstone Champion 3 years in succession, Derbyshire Professional Pairs Champion and Cotswold Champion.
    My trade has brought me private meetings with Royalty, some very iconic jobs, a reputation for quality and a great career which I'm still doing now.
    My message to you is this, never be put off by people saying you can't do this, you can't do that.
    You can do, or be whatever you want if you have the focus and determination.
    Take a knock back as inspiration for your next venture.
    There is something for everyone workwise, set your goal and go for it.
    Always walk forward into the sunshine, and never look back into the shadows.
    If you want to achieve, you can achieve, it's down to you, go out and grab it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast