+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT/ prisoner of the system

OT/ prisoner of the system

Due to illness I have lost my job again and am back on benefits so I’d just like to apologise to you all now because I know a lot detest people on benefits.

As for what happened well i has a seizure at work took a week off to recover and was told very politely that I wasn’t up to the job. Funny enough i am fairly sure if she wasn’t such a bitch I wouldn’t have been ill.

Again sorry

If you've paid into the system then benefits are your right.

Issues that people have are with those who haven't contributed or are benefit tourists

Not at all silly. With the pressures people are under at work today, bosses who are barstewards and crap pay it is no wonder people are ill. Get well mate and I hope you find work soon. The stuff about benefits is irrelevant. The only people who might be bothered about it on here are the Kempo clones or greatfire but you can ignore them because everyone else does. (You might be ok with gfire anyway if you are white and British).
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-02-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Life very often delivers you some poor hands and knocks you right back .

These things can also provide opportunity and can take your life forward which maybe wouldn't have occurred if you hadn't lost your job .

Seize the moment and go with the these things happen for a reason .

My last employer told me in no uncertain terms I was trouble and my work was under scrutiny , translated to we are looking at ways to get rid of you .

It actually gave me the push I needed to get off my @ss and find something better .

I can't thank them enough and I'm in a job I love with a great employer .

Every cloud mate , every cloud .

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Due to illness I have lost my job again and am back on benefits so I’d just like to apologise to you all now because I know a lot detest people on benefits.

As for what happened well i has a seizure at work took a week off to recover and was told very politely that I wasn’t up to the job. Funny enough i am fairly sure if she wasn’t such a bitch I wouldn’t have been ill.

Again sorry
    There are laws in place for people in a job who have been discriminated against if they have over a years employment with a company.
    Correct procedures must be adhered to.
    A law solicitor would give you sound advice on this, however, they do charge around £120 per hour.
    If you do contact a law solicitor, they should let you briefly outline your case in a quick 5 minute chat, and then advise you whether it is worth your time, and money to have them take up your case, if you have substantial grounds.
    Obviously, your choice.
    In the meantime, best of luck.
    If you've paid in to the benefits system, you have every right to benefit from the system.
    Nothing to be ashamed of.

On yer bike you scrounger.

Only kidding Silly.

what Stonewaller said.

Good luck in finding another job

Good points stonewaller. Maybe kerr could step up to the plate for you Silly?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

My last employer told me in no uncertain terms I was trouble and my work was under scrutiny , translated to we are looking at ways to get rid of you . .
    Heard that one before a few years ago sad thing is everyone else that is such BS your better than us unfortunately when they found out I had epilepsy they wanted me gone. It’s why I took up writing to blow of steam.

But il be honest I feel like I’m being punished for being born differently to the governments idea of the master race. Now I’m back at job centre the land of the why was you let go and after they interigate you, you get your next parole hearing a week later and to top it off I can’t even go on holiday because you can’t on dole (ankle bracelet)

That’s why I named it prisoner of the system

I much prefer work and driving but for awhile I can’t do ether.

That F ing cow

Silly, what's happened to you is exactly what the welfare system should be about, get what you can out of it to get you back on your feet mate.
    As for your previous employer, they should be ashamed and as Stoney said, maybe there's some mileage in taking them down the legal route, have a word with CAB see if they can give you any pointers.

Either way, good luck in whatever you do next.

Quote Originally Posted by stonewaller View Post
    There are laws in place for people in a job who have been discriminated against if they have over a years employment with a company.
    Correct procedures must be adhered to.
    A law solicitor would give you sound advice on this, however, they do charge around £120 per hour.
    If you do contact a law solicitor, they should let you briefly outline your case in a quick 5 minute chat, and then advise you whether it is worth your time, and money to have them take up your case, if you have substantial grounds.
    Obviously, your choice.
    In the meantime, best of luck.
    If you've paid in to the benefits system, you have every right to benefit from the system.
    Nothing to be ashamed of.
    Two points 1 my job only lasted 4 months roughly
    2 iv been to one of these but the guy in my last job changed his story from what he told me. If I remember right he told me it was because my epilepsy was disrupting the workplace but what he told my advisor (let’s call him that) was that due to cut backs they had to let me go.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast