+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Manager Advocating Diving

A Manager Advocating Diving

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43107688

He should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43107688

He should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute
    Is this Alli doing his penalty box shuffle again. How many pens has be managed to win for them I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Is this Alli doing his penalty box shuffle again. How many pens has be managed to win for them I wonder?
    he has won the most yellows for diving-😀

Hill Said : "I won't hold it against him and if he does it for England in the summer and we win the World Cup, I will certainly be supporting him," Hill said.

"I'm led to believe he's looking for it but we get too involved in controversy."

....well thats just great - so according to Hill, cheating is ok....What kind kind of imbecile would advocate such a thing, to make points and win games by the use of dishonesty - not because you deservered it - the stupid lame brained oaf is recommending fraud - does he realise that ?

This is the way the game is going! VAR being introduced to ensure things will be 100% correct but yet the game they covered between Huddersfield and Man Utd showed quite clearly on TV that Huddersfield consistently placed the ball well outside the quadrant on their left hand side but nothing was done.
    PLayers are diving and cheating and nothing is done except to say that they felt contact so they are entitled to go down.
    The game is going soft.

He was always prone to ill advised and ignorant comments was our Keef, he went down like a lead balloon with us lot.
    But is he taking the mick here a bit with the 'if he does it to win us/England the world cup' comments ?.
    I mean the idea of us winning said world cup is hilarious to begin with, it shows hes still got an awful sense of humour. Does he still dress like a farmer at matches, in matching jacket cap & wellies ?.

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    he has won the most yellows for diving-😀
    Here’s a few
    Rochdale,
    Burnley,http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/23/dele-a...rnley-7182311/
    Monaco http://www.talkingbaws.com/2016/11/f...gainst-monaco/
    Southampton last season

From the brief view I got of him Acido, he did look a bit odd.

Am I wrong in remembering Keith Hill was once on the list to be a Burnley Manager ?

Whether Hill is taking the Mick or not, he shouldn't be.

All Managers in EVERY league should protest about cheating, but strangely they don't.

And this VAR is just rubbish, we are all complaining of bad decisions by Referee's and linesmen (they are linesmen to me), yet the final decisions are in the hands of these muppets, each team should have 3 chances of looking at a certain decision, not losing that count if they are right, admittedly its still in the hands of said Refs, but at least it gives teams their opportunity to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post

Am I wrong in remembering Keith Hill was once on the list to be a Burnley Manager ?

we are all complaining of bad decisions by Referee's and linesmen (they are linesmen to me)
    Don't know if he was ever really in the running Alto, but his name was certainly mentioned, possibly after Eddie departed but I'm not sure.
    I still call them linesmen as well, so does everyone in the game apart from ****s like Motson and Pearce. I watch a lot of non league where you can hear what's said on the pitch, all the players call them liners, and so do the refs.

I hate to tell you this but diving has always gone on. Today thought, with slow motion and hi-tech gismos, it is being spotted.

Our own beloved Jimmy Mac was asked what he thought of diving. He said that he would go down if there was a chance of a penalty.

Franny Lee anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)