+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Manager Advocating Diving

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    From the brief view I got of him Acido, he did look a bit odd. Am I wrong in remembering Keith Hill was once on the list to be a Burnley Manager ?
    Whether Hill is taking the Mick or not, he shouldn't be. All Managers in EVERY league should protest about cheating, but strangely they don't.
    I didn't mind mad Keef to begin with Alto, he definitely liked to speak his mind, a lot actually!. And that at least made a decent change to some of our previous managers like Paul Hart, simple Simon Davey, & Mark Robins who were all as dour as hell.
    But his big-mouth style of talking quickly got on our nerves and I don't think the majority of us ever really took to him.
    Also he and his then asst David Flicker were/are a pair of right larry lancies lol.
    Last edited by Acido; 19-02-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Aye its always gone on 59, but not to the point of saturation nowadays, and not just that, the theatrical way most fake injury you'd think they was doing it for winning points, Like you 59 in the good old day's we'd see Lochhead and the rest get some crude dirty tackles on them, yet just get up and carry on, the Footballers nowadays surely don't realise how wimpish they look when they fake it.

It is all working more and more towards making the game a non-contact sport with every contact being punished with a foul one way or another.
    The Delph sending off tonight caused mayhem because it was debatable if you are an elder statesman, however, in today's game it was regarded as reckless because, even though he won the ball, he was considered to have endangered an opponent.
    The thing that made me laugh was the display by Pep when this happened because he has been saying for a few years that players do not need to tackle, they should read the game and make interceptions!

Looking at some of the tackles that some of his players have been on the receiving end of this season, I can understand his anger, however, his behaviour in the tunnel at half time was inexcusable.

Just where is the beautiful game going? Answers on a postage stamp please!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post

Just where is the beautiful game going? Answers on a postage stamp please!

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Norder --it has already gone that way ---what is the next step? THis is from 2 weeks ago but there has been a lot more happened since then. We, as fans, are being conned by players who are not even good actors. We would be better off spending the money at the theatre or going to a good concert. Very sad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...act-sport.html
    Last edited by Supersub6; 20-02-2018 at 10:07 AM.

I suppose we could appreciate it as an art form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJVFYzEuf2w

And any one of us who saw him in action will surely consider this bloke to be the master.

https://www.otbfootball.net/the-art-of-the-diver/

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Norder --it has already gone that way ---what is the next step? THis is from 2 weeks ago but there has been a lot more happened since then. We, as fans, are being conned by players who are not even good actors. We would be better off spending the money at the theatre or going to a good concert. Very sad.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...act-sport.html
    ....I think you've got the answer - Sub....just like actors - they don't live in the real world - the name of the game is glory and fame - its the winning at any cost (unless defeat is part of the strategy) doing your best and losing just isn't good enough, and those who promote this deception, to replace honesty with lies...are just as culpable as those who commit them....
    It's always being said - players need to set a good example - well...what what kind of guide is dishonesty - for the young ones to follow ?

Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)