+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nile Ranger:

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    No matter what he's like as a player, he is the kind of MAN who will disrupt and possibly destroy team spirit. If he's the answer to our prayers, we need to find a new religion.
    This really hurts.... correct sidders.

No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Nolan describes him as a "complex character". Doesn't seem very complex to me!

Put it this way, if we sign him, then John Sheridan should put in for an increase in his compensation pay-out. Didn't we claim he was sacked because his words to the referee didn't reflect the club's family values?!
    Perhaps he means we are 'the family' get da Ranger to make the stags sleep wid da fishers, kapish.

I can just see the whole Kop ducking when someone shouts "Shoot"!!

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    I know we're Notts County and our standards are pretty damn low but..

"In 2007, at the age of 15, he was sentenced to 11 weeks in a Young Offenders Institute after being convicted of participating in street robbery in Muswell Hill, London.

In May 2011 Ranger was questioned by Newcastle after posing with a replica gun in a photograph.[44]

On 27 August 2011 he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a man in Newcastle city centre, leaving the victim unconscious in the street. Ranger was subsequently dropped to Newcastle United's reserve team. He was found not guilty of the charge in October 2012.[45]

In October 2011 he was charged with being drunk and disorderly in Newcastle's Cathedral Square. The charge came only days after Ranger had been reinstated to Newcastle United's first-team training after a three-month exile in the club's reserves.[46]

In March 2012, he was fined by The FA for making homophobic comments on social networking website Twitter.[47]

In the early hours of 23 September 2012, police were called to a house in Enfield, north London after reports of a disturbance. The front door of the property was badly damaged and Ranger was arrested at the scene and later charged with criminal damage.[48] The charge against Ranger was dropped that November after the court accepted his explanation that he had damaged the door after fearing his girlfriend was being kidnapped.[49]

On 25 January 2013, Ranger was arrested on suspicion of rape in a Newcastle hotel room.[50] In connection with the same alleged offence, Ranger was charged with rape on 8 July 2013.[51] On 4 March 2014 he was cleared of the charge at Newcastle Crown Court.[52]

On 14 March 2013, Ranger was charged with common assault after an incident in Newcastle city centre.[53]

On 23 March 2014, Ranger was arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage to a taxi in Liverpool.[54] He later pleaded guilty to criminal damage and was fined £1,000 and was ordered to pay compensation to the taxi driver for breaking a window. Ranger said that he was enraged by being called a rapist by the driver.[55]

On 28 April 2014 Ranger was charged with criminal damage after an incident at a block of flats in Swindon on 13 April.[56] He was later fined for damage to the door of his flat in relation to this incident which was captured on CCTV, in an incident where he additionally appeared to strike his female companion three times on the face.[57]

In May 2014, Ranger was found not guilty of being drunk in charge of his vehicle, after being found asleep in the driver's seat of his car on the M4 motorway.[58]

In December 2016, Ranger was charged with conspiracy to defraud and conspiracy to commit money laundering, in respect of offences alleged to have been committed in February 2015.[59] In January 2017, he pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud at Wood Green Crown Court.[60] On 23 May 2017, he was sentenced to eight months in prison.[8] On 11 August 2017, he was released after 10 weeks of his sentence due to "his consistently excellent custodial behaviour", remaining under curfew for the next five weeks.[61]"
    After reading this I don’t think he deserves to be given the chance to prove one last time if he wants to be a professional footballer therefore I’m out.

There must be better options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    After reading this I don’t think he deserves to be given the chance to prove one last time if he wants to be a professional footballer therefore I’m out.

There must be better options out there.

Nolan, Ameobi & Smith all know him well. As a player and a man. Nolan says he'll only bring Ranger in on a unanimous yes from within the club.

Get him in ASAP.

If you exit the moral high ground (like we did with Hughesy), he seems by some way the best option available. I'll leave it to Nolan & Co to decide, but a few good performances are usually enough to revise principles where footy fans are concerned. Peter Shilton was twice found guilty of drink-driving, and Stan Collymore punched a woman in the face, but both are still looked on as heroes by most Forest fans.

From Southend's Forum, question was would Chris Powell have sort him out had he still been eith us
    Originally Posted by Floval Flyekr View Post
    I had also given that a thought recently,

There have been a lot of stories stating that Ranger was a bad apple and caused a divide in the dressing room (not sure what to believe) it would be one thing to bring Nile to task, but to bridge the division between the players would have been a big ask.

Didn’t PB try to take him under his wing? Which was ultimately attributed partially to his downfall... (oh, and those defeats 8 in his last 9 games!)

Ranger must surely be full of regret though. Not sure why, but I actually miss him!
    Agree, despite everything, he is a very talented footballer, and had the potential to be a top class player destined for a place in the England team. However, like Bilel, Nile doesn't have the temperament to maintain a successful career, as he can't (or won't) knuckle down and work hard to make the best of his ability. Such a shame - but as the onld saying goes, you can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink!
    Last edited by Steward; 19-02-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Given that we have no other choice at this stage, it's a yes from me. I like crazy but talented players anyway, like Hughesie and Harkouk. They are the only ones I remember having actual convictions but they still made a big contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Given that we have no other choice at this stage, it's a yes from me. I like crazy but talented players anyway, like Hughesie and Harkouk. They are the only ones I remember having actual convictions but they still made a big contribution.
    I'm with you on this, provided KN can keep him under control dressing room wise. Harkouk was my favourite player in that era.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast