+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nile Ranger:

I don't want him. I'm not convinced he's actually good enough to make the difference between us getting promotion and not. But I am convinced that he's a lot of trouble.

I was about to accept the armed robbery, assault, weapons charges, drink driving and fraud.....but when I spotted the charge of homophobic comments, I had to draw the line.....sorry it is a NO from me

Lets Sign Ranger immediately

Why not?

Notts County are sinking quickly.

I he gives us a better chance of going up. and beating mansfield all the better.

A wild card is maybe just what Notts need

This smacks of desperation. I'm disappointed in Nolan that he'd even put this to the players.
    And DaveSmithRules is right - 9 years as a pro/24 goals. Two and a half goals per year. Not worth the risk anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Nolan describes him as a "complex character". Doesn't seem very complex to me!

Put it this way, if we sign him, then John Sheridan should put in for an increase in his compensation pay-out. Didn't we claim he was sacked because his words to the referee didn't reflect the club's family values?!
    You beat me to it jackal if cussing at the ref is a no no for the owner this deal is dead in the water.

I don't know what to think he might score a few goals but could be disruptive in the dressing room probably not worth the risk.

Sooner or later this lad will be in black and white stripes. I say roll the dice!

His history suggests he's a full-on dick - incomparable to Hughes, who was just a bit nuts. That said, perhaps given our circumstances he should allowed the opportunity to prove himself at Notts on a 3-month deal. If he steps out of line, we show him the door and probably seal his fate as an incorrigible troublemaker; but you never know, he might just make a difference to our season. Whatever happens, I trust Nolan to make the right call here.

Football is full of nasty characters anyway. If they come to your club and bring success, you end up loving them anyway, or at least turning a blind eye to their off-the-field antics. Look at Evans at Mansfield - a genuinely nasty piece of work, but a decent manager. If they go up automatically, they won't care. And having a player that all opposition fans hate - like Hughes - can work in one's favour.

He sounds like a complete d!ck. I wouldn't want to work with him.

However, if he drops down to league two for the first time alongside folks that know him he must surely realise this would be the last-chance saloon for his football career, if he doesn't make it in those circumstances he is completely finished. For this reason I am slightly torn, and perhaps with the sort of contract that can be ripped up at any time should he step out of line he could be worth a punt given our limited options.

There is no doubt we are desperate for a striker and I am struggling to see much better out there.

The fact that Nolan actually knows him, first-hand as it were, rather than his reputation and is still considering taking him on tells me he's worth chancing. Ameobi and Smith would have already been asked their point of view, them knowing him too, so if it is OK by them my opinion is bring him on.

A no from me. He strikes me as a proper bell end. It’s not his shenanigans off the pitch but also being sacked for discipline issues not related to any of his numerous court cases that nails the NO from me.
    The lads we have at the club are a good committed bunch of pros, this lad appears to lack the professionalism in spades that seems a minimum requirement to fit in to our dressing room.

NEXT

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast