+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Nile Ranger:

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    He said none on the list - ie the transfer window list - are being pursued, he didn't say no-one is being pursued.

Alan Hardy
    ‏Verified account @Bigalanh5
    21m21 minutes ago

Alan Hardy Retweeted Mark Beal

Yep

Alan Hardy added,
    Mark Beal
    @markbeal1965
    Replying to @Bigalanh5
    Is anyone being pursued ?
    0 replies 1 retweet 3 likes
    My apologies, if correct....but the original tweet said "a" list, not "the" list....and if Nile was on it, as a free agent, then that would imply that the quoted list was not anything to do with the January transfer window....but "a" list of potential targets....now, I may be wildly speculating here, but the transfer window has been closed for almost 3 weeks now, and I would be extremely surprised if we have not put together "a" list of potential free agents by then....it sounds like one list has been binned....now we are on another list.....confusing

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    My apologies, if correct....but the original tweet said "a" list, not "the" list....and if Nile was on it, as a free agent, then that would imply that the quoted list was not anything to do with the January transfer window....but "a" list of potential targets....now, I may be wildly speculating here, but the transfer window has been closed for almost 3 weeks now, and I would be extremely surprised if we have not put together "a" list of potential free agents by then....it sounds like one list has been binned....now we are on another list.....confusing
    Maybe it is my "b for Bargain List" that I posted a few days ago......AH has spotted it on MAD and got his Management Team to look into it?

Being slightly more realistic, these are the pick of page 2, Bargain Basement Strikers....available tomorrow, 135K and under

Pekka.......keeps his head down, especially if you sprinkle some corn in the oppo box, resembles Hawkridge minus a head
    Ousman Jalon....smells nice in the dressing room
    Ulrik.......used to be pretty good under a previous England manager!!
    Egeizy......for example, makes striking look easy
    Gnabouyou......seriously?.....not a kop favourite, we are gonna boo you....low on confidence bordering on suicidal
    Shumulin.....pretty good on a snow~covered pitch
    Borisov....not to be trusted, runs up debts then legs it
    Admir Catovic.....fancies himself too much, showboater
    Shpetim.....a bit phlegmy for me, comes with his own spittoon
    Arthuro....puts teams to the sword, good in a battle
    .....and finally, the cheapest of my picks at 45k.....Motov.....makes one el of a cocktail, but we could get burnt on this one

After some of the flack I've been getting for my criticism of (some of) AH's tweets I was trying to put this one in a positive light.

The alternate is that he (they) sat down and drew up a list, had a closer look at it and said "this is rubbish" and threw it away and drew up another list which they are pursuing.

Notts Think team is good enough as it is ..LOL

Quite frankly this news has annoyed me, nether Nile or any on list are being pursued

They already screwed the transfer window up in January

Nolan would not have mentioned Nile, if he did not think he could help notts

Its obvious to me, the powers that be think the notts team is strong enough already.

Then talking about Automatic promotion, yet doing nothing to make it more likely,

Just get useless midfielders, signing Bennett , who was known to have a bad track record with injury,

Time will tell , but it looks as if we are staying in league 2 next year

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    After some of the flack I've been getting for my criticism of (some of) AH's tweets I was trying to put this one in a positive light.

The alternate is that he (they) sat down and drew up a list, had a closer look at it and said "this is rubbish" and threw it away and drew up another list which they are pursuing.
    The list is pretty uninspiring, full of players with issues or serial crocks.

Leon Best
    Dexter Blackstock
    Nile Ranger
    Calvin Zola
    Ishmael Miller
    Jermaine Easter
    Matty Fryatt

Still, a few better options than Ranger though.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    I know we're Notts County and our standards are pretty damn low but..

"In 2007, at the age of 15, he was sentenced to 11 weeks in a Young Offenders Institute after being convicted of participating in street robbery in Muswell Hill, London.

In May 2011 Ranger was questioned by Newcastle after posing with a replica gun in a photograph.[44]

On 27 August 2011 he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a man in Newcastle city centre, leaving the victim unconscious in the street. Ranger was subsequently dropped to Newcastle United's reserve team. He was found not guilty of the charge in October 2012.[45]

In October 2011 he was charged with being drunk and disorderly in Newcastle's Cathedral Square. The charge came only days after Ranger had been reinstated to Newcastle United's first-team training after a three-month exile in the club's reserves.[46]

In March 2012, he was fined by The FA for making homophobic comments on social networking website Twitter.[47]

In the early hours of 23 September 2012, police were called to a house in Enfield, north London after reports of a disturbance. The front door of the property was badly damaged and Ranger was arrested at the scene and later charged with criminal damage.[48] The charge against Ranger was dropped that November after the court accepted his explanation that he had damaged the door after fearing his girlfriend was being kidnapped.[49]

On 25 January 2013, Ranger was arrested on suspicion of rape in a Newcastle hotel room.[50] In connection with the same alleged offence, Ranger was charged with rape on 8 July 2013.[51] On 4 March 2014 he was cleared of the charge at Newcastle Crown Court.[52]

On 14 March 2013, Ranger was charged with common assault after an incident in Newcastle city centre.[53]

On 23 March 2014, Ranger was arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage to a taxi in Liverpool.[54] He later pleaded guilty to criminal damage and was fined £1,000 and was ordered to pay compensation to the taxi driver for breaking a window. Ranger said that he was enraged by being called a rapist by the driver.[55]

On 28 April 2014 Ranger was charged with criminal damage after an incident at a block of flats in Swindon on 13 April.[56] He was later fined for damage to the door of his flat in relation to this incident which was captured on CCTV, in an incident where he additionally appeared to strike his female companion three times on the face.[57]

In May 2014, Ranger was found not guilty of being drunk in charge of his vehicle, after being found asleep in the driver's seat of his car on the M4 motorway.[58]

In December 2016, Ranger was charged with conspiracy to defraud and conspiracy to commit money laundering, in respect of offences alleged to have been committed in February 2015.[59] In January 2017, he pleaded guilty to conspiracy to defraud at Wood Green Crown Court.[60] On 23 May 2017, he was sentenced to eight months in prison.[8] On 11 August 2017, he was released after 10 weeks of his sentence due to "his consistently excellent custodial behaviour", remaining under curfew for the next five weeks.[61]"
    No way we should sign him. The man seems rather unstable.

The final word is the man with the money he say no

Nile Ranger will NOT be 'pursued' by Notts County

Magpies owner says striker won't be moving to Meadow Lane

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    The list is pretty uninspiring, full of players with issues or serial crocks.

Leon Best
    Dexter Blackstock
    Nile Ranger
    Calvin Zola
    Ishmael Miller
    Jermaine Easter
    Matty Fryatt

Still, a few better options than Ranger though.
    Leon Best was at Charlton and is injured ?
    Matty Fryatt has retired

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    That is remarkable for many reasons, not least the number of not guilty verdicts. Sounds like he's got good judgement in lawyers if nothing else!
    I was thinking that Driller

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    The final word is the man with the money he say no

Nile Ranger will NOT be 'pursued' by Notts County

Magpies owner says striker won't be moving to Meadow Lane
    Can't say I'm sorry or surprised given Nile's history, however I can't help but think that many fans who were/are dead against this(probably myself included) would have been chanting his name "loud & proud" had he fired us to promotion! as we should know more than most football fans will forgive a goalscorer almost anything..

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast