+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roofe

a tosser perhaps?

cant argue with that Tichi, if only trophies were given out on players ability to behave like tools, we would be champions. I think Roofe has something to offer, despite his degenerate behaviour. Id like to see him get a proper run alongside lasogga in a typical big/Little CF partnership. Trouble is Saiz is better than both of em.

A bit of a big time charlie?

To be one of those you have to be feckin good or you look a tw@t.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    a tosser perhaps?
    In that case he's got to be a 9 pushing 10.

Quote Originally Posted by UbiqueLUFC33 View Post
    In that case he's got to be a 9 pushing 10.
    i just want him to score goals and play well. He is a good player and if he delivers in the pitch then I don’t expect him to be a perfect human being. God we put up with guff from Marley and his ghost from Christmas past so surely we judge Roofe on his talent and performance?

my thoughts exactly.

He CAN do the business, he's shown that in too many individual occasions for it to be otherwise. Things is he needs to WANT to do it, which at present is another thing altogether. Hopefully Heckingbottom can tun potential into delivery.

And if he scores regularly and does a prima donna act, big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    i just want him to score goals and play well. He is a good player and if he delivers in the pitch then I don’t expect him to be a perfect human being. God we put up with guff from Marley and his ghost from Christmas past so surely we judge Roofe on his talent and performance?
    Footballers v perfect human beings. Not going to be a particularly profitable exercise in trying to find the latter amongst the former. Certainly not nowadays.

It could be a lot worse than Kemar Roofe being a bit arrogant - when we get back to the Premier League we'll have to deal with people like Sanchez, Cole or Evra playing for us. Now THAT will be a test of whether we want certain types of players at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Andy, if you are rating Lasogga think you should split it 2017 and 2018. a 2 of 2017. Think he's at least a 7 in 2018. He's missed some sitters but he's a handful in the box. Not sure that Wood would be doing any better in 2018 for us than him.

wish Roofe was more consistent. If he scored a lot more I wouldn't care if he grabbed his crotch and tossed all over himself. However, when you score once every 10 games or so keep the theatrics to a minimum. It's embarrassing to the team and him to act like it's really something when it's mediocre at best.
    4.5 it is bud!

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Andy, if you are rating Lasogga think you should split it 2017 and 2018. a 2 of 2017. Think he's at least a 7 in 2018. He's missed some sitters but he's a handful in the box. Not sure that Wood would be doing any better in 2018 for us than him.

wish Roofe was more consistent. If he scored a lot more I wouldn't care if he grabbed his crotch and tossed all over himself. However, when you score once every 10 games or so keep the theatrics to a minimum. It's embarrassing to the team and him to act like it's really something when it's mediocre at best.
    Thats the point. I remember McCormack doing similar but he also scored a bloody lot of goals.

Roofe scores in one game (though it is often 2/3) against pish teams and then goes missing for weeks on end then has the audacity to taunt the crowd because he has scored rather than getting on with the game to earn the team a win.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)