+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mowbray ..

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I really do not believe this saxo
    City,Barcelona aside it's very difficult to get massive victories unless you have world class talent on hand
    Now I appreciate where you are coming from in regards to the size and look of our squad however teams raise their game against us so it gets tricky to completely play teams off the park.
    Seconded !

We now have a wealth of talent and as far as I can tell there’s good team spirit there .
    It would seem that each of them are happy to wait their chance, which is a great position for a manager to be in. But also, as said on here, gives him a nice dilemma in selection.
    This is the ‘tinkering’ that ensues and with that, some works some doesn’t. But this man has the nous to react timely to switch it.
    It must be a devil of frustration for the opposing manager.

As for the ‘showboating’ bit, there was a short period towards the end where they did do some and straight after I said to my watching buddy that there’s a rash challenge coming in any minute - it did.
    In discussing it took me back to that ultra showboating act by Leeds (vs Southampton?) that was a tad distasteful (characterful of their manager) . That’s why they are still hugely disliked to this day. Hell of a side though.

Its a good point this. I've always had a slight i8ssue with clubs with no class.
    I had a HUGE issue with a crappy little club like Swansea (who had happened to find themselves in a good position after decades in the wilderness) and they got into the league cup final vrs Div2 Bradford City. They unluckily had the keeper sent off and it ended 5-0 .....Swansea forgetting where they had come from, took the opportunity to embarrass their Div2 opponents, and started show boating etc and really rubbing it in. They did the same vrs Notts County the other week in the cup replay.
    When the great Liverpool side met a lower league oppo, it would often end 3-0. Once the game was over, they would not go to embarrass their opponents. they showed respect.
    Mowbray has been respectful all season long. We got a very big shock early on, and learnt from that. Like any good side/manager would.
    Although some (who clearly don't understand football) call it 'tinkering' TM picks a specific side to beat the side we are playing. It changes week by week, dependant on form, who we are playing, but also with an eye on the next game coming up.
    I'm no fan of Evans, but Smallwood is a booking away from a ban, Travis is suspended so Evans needed game time. Personally I would've played Payne, he was quality when he came on. But it did make sense.
    Bell will come good, especially next season in the Champ. You simply cant drop Williams who has been outstanding all season, so it will be good cover to have in the final 13 games.

Just maybe that bit towards the end was brought on by the stupid booing off element in our ‘home support’ in annoyed reaction. When I say showboating it was more keep ball in terms of seeing the game out without making it a time wasting excercise
    This is though the home support ‘mentality’ I referred to prior to our last home game before. I do actually fear the damage this section can do over our run in period. Some of them might as well relocate themselves into the away contingent.
    They seem to be of the mind that if it’s not 3 or 4 up per half it’s just not good enough. Sad really.
    Yes, on reflection overall that game (putting aside their forwards poor accuracy) could well have been 4 or 5 nil.
    But it wasn’t , it’s the 3 max points that counts first and foremost.

Great man is mowbray - you should look to keep him for the next 40 years

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    Great man is mowbray - you should look to keep him for the next 40 years

Turns out your on your own ......

http://boards.footymad.net/showthrea...1#post38813089

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)