+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wigan vs Man City

Wigan vs Man City

Is Man City's loss to Wigan more humiliating than our 8 - 1 at Swansea?

Given their position in the PL then one has to say yes. Could unsettle them a bit too.

Not a cat in hells chance on either front. Man City played OK, Wigan defended outrageously well. One mistake and a very good finish was enough. The sending off was harsh. A lot of things conspired against Man City, however, credit where credit is due, Wigan to man were collosal.
    I feel sorry for Man City’s next opponents.
    The other thing that will help Man City is there will be no more questions of of the ‘historical’ quadruple, so in that sense a bit of pressure will be off.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Not a cat in hells chance on either front. Man City played OK, Wigan defended outrageously well. One mistake and a very good finish was enough. The sending off was harsh. A lot of things conspired against Man City, however, credit where credit is due, Wigan to man were collosal.
    I feel sorry for Man City’s next opponents.
    The other thing that will help Man City is there will be no more questions of of the ‘historical’ quadruple, so in that sense a bit of pressure will be off.
    Fair points, but I think you're missing the humour of the occasion. I like the one about the pressure being off now the quadruple has gone though. The whole point was they had already been awarded the quadruple by the media, and declared the best team in living memory. But I'm sure Barca will have something to say about that in the CL. I also fancy Arsenal in the League Cup, so I doubt there will even be a double.

You will get good odds on Barca and Arsenal winning the CL and League cup respectively. Double it up. Bet365 offering 5-1 and 9-2 on Barca winning CL and Arsenal to win on Sunday. Chuck a fiver on the double to make in excess of 100.
    Last edited by Notts78; 20-02-2018 at 09:47 AM.