+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mackems

Mackems

On the Market for £50 million,will it be bought when it looks as if they are headed for the third tier once again.

it's not £50m though is it?

short is the same as Ashley with his hidden costs.

£50m would buy you a club with huge debts and a squad that needs fully replacing (regardless of whether it's chimpo or league 1).

buying SAFC wouldn't work out much cheaper than buying us, it would just be a bigger job that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    it's not £50m though is it?

short is the same as Ashley with his hidden costs.

£50m would buy you a club with huge debts and a squad that needs fully replacing (regardless of whether it's chimpo or league 1).

buying SAFC wouldn't work out much cheaper than buying us, it would just be a bigger job that's all.
    Considering the quality of their squad and TV money in the PL, this is probably true.

I think you're right Mick, although from a foreign investment group (<-- which is rich) perspective, I could see that it would be worth investing in the Mackems. I don't think it'd take long, with a decent cash injection, to find the manager and team to take them back up to the top tier.

He might take a deal/offer on the debt if he really wants out - either structured repayments or writing off a certain amount. I think the potential is there to do something with that club, as much as I'd hate to see it happen if we're not moving forward at least as fast, but I have to wonder what will happen if he doesn't sell and they're relegated. That puts them even further away from PL level revenues, and the parachute payments will have to be used to continue to service the running of the club (I think they didn't even cover their Championship overheads if I remember correctly). They could genuinely be looking at the club going under without someone stepping in and buying it.

unlike us with Ashley, sunderland's debt isn't all to short.

they have a loan for something like £68M which the club needs to pay off. any buyer would be inheriting this as a bare minimum.

Aye, it's all about hidden costs.

Type of deal Ashley would of gone for £50 million up front - i'll have a piece of that. Only to discover he needs to fork out an extra £120 million on debts etc (random number picked out, no idea on real sums).

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    unlike us with Ashley, sunderland's debt isn't all to short.

they have a loan for something like £68M which the club needs to pay off. any buyer would be inheriting this as a bare minimum.
    Wow, I didn't realise that. They're in some serious trouble then I think. £118m for a team that could be playing in L1 next season would be crazy, and that's assuming Short is happy to write-off whatever debt is owed to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy1981_2 View Post
    Wow, I didn't realise that. They're in some serious trouble then I think. £118m for a team that could be playing in L1 next season would be crazy, and that's assuming Short is happy to write-off whatever debt is owed to him.
    Which i don't reckon he will be.

He might be willing to defer payment but i really can't see him writing it off.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    On the Market for £50 million
    MASSIVE club !

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)