+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Wiedwald, Roofe and Cooper seriously need to be sent packing utterly useless.

De Bock had a nightmare but he is new so willing to cut him some slack.

Vieira was terrible but looks out of match fitness.

Forshaw is very impressive, Jansson did all he could with the donkey next to him and behind him, Berardi usual a limited defender who tries his best.

Dallas works damn hard and puts in a good ball. Hernandez had an off day. Lassoga did what strikers do, scored and worked hard seeing him win a lot more aerial battles now.

Saiz coming on just showed how much we rely on him as we looked an entirely different team when he came on the pitch.
    top post , and a top poster , one of the few on here that talks a lot of sense .

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    top post , and a top poster , one of the few on here that talks a lot of sense .
    Apart from me you mean obviously?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    If that was aimed at me, why should I "chill out" when I see players who don't deserve to clean the bogs at ER given start positions and then proceed to cost us a win (and I don't just mean Wiedwld, De Bock and Cooper were equally sh1te)?
    Only cos it's not worth getting so wound up... it shouldn't make someone that angry on a forum. My wife asked me early on in my relationship if I was one of those divs who has a bad weekend if my team loses and luckily I'm not, but I know some who are and it's just not worth the grief.

Just a game, mildly frustrating at the time, but we move on.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    I wonder how our club and Championship was sold to him.

"Don't worry Felix, it's a Mickey Mouse League, You'll do fine"

I'm pretty sure he doesn't throw matches on purpose, there is no doubt, he isn't good enough for the Championship, but surely the blame has to lay at the feet of the person(s) who targeted him for recruitment.

I'm not bitter against Wiedwald at all. He is what he is, but whoever had the idea to recruit him.
    Agree 100% Fred, but I think we all know how likely it is that Orta will be told to "go forth and multiply", so our anger and frustration has to go somewhere, we can't feel sorry for a player who is consistently crap and who equally consistently costs us points (12 and counting).

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Same here Fred, he seemed to be making inroads after a poor start but now reverted to early form. We should be targeting players who are good enough at this level nothing more, rather than prospects who may make prove better but ultimately don't. Both types cost about the same, am not talking about the journeymen Warnock had to rely on because of Bates and Go Feckin Home Camel riders... We need to be getting PL money, the thought of some random Asian gazillionaire taking us over just doesn't appeal.
    WTF Felix is playing because he is better than Lonergan.... both should be gone
    Wiedwald should never have been here in the first place more like! Can't see how anyone can come to a conclusion about Lonergan is beyond me, he needs more time and to be kept honest by having a credible replacement in the wings (BPF?). (We give Sacko a 5-year contract and constant starting line-up/substitute status, and he IS sh1te!)

But agree with the thrust of the post (how could I disagree!), we need those who can do, not those who might, at some indeterminate point in the future, be able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    disappears into the distance to wipe his arse lol
    Nah - just went to bed - can't be ar sed reading your shyte at one in the morning FFS...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspaven View Post
    Only cos it's not worth getting so wound up... it shouldn't make someone that angry on a forum. My wife asked me early on in my relationship if I was one of those divs who has a bad weekend if my team loses and luckily I'm not, but I know some who are and it's just not worth the grief.

Just a game, mildly frustrating at the time, but we move on.
    Spav, it took me about 5 minutes total to put those posts together, (including the "shouty" bits). I'm a Leeds supporter, if I got really wound up (as in real life and affecting my wife/family if and wen we don't perform), I'd be divorced and never see my kids. Neither is the case.

Do I get wound up, either here during/after matches, or at ER when I can get there, you betcha! But it lasts for not very long. Bill shankly is supposed to have said, when asked if football was a matter of life or death, that it was far more important than that, errr......b0ll0x, as you say, just a game (although it can certainly me much more than mildly frustrating )

Well lads couldn't believe how bad you were last night Its not as though we are world beaters but you were so poor That must be the luckiest point you will get all season That defence is very dodgy I won't mention the keeper or your fullbacks Bet Baradi kicks his kids he kicks everything but the ball Fee

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Wiedwald should never have been here in the first place more like! Can't see how anyone can come to a conclusion about Lonergan is beyond me, he needs more time and to be kept honest by having a credible replacement in the wings (BPF?). (We give Sacko a 5-year contract and constant starting line-up/substitute status, and he IS sh1te!)

But agree with the thrust of the post (how could I disagree!), we need those who can do, not those who might, at some indeterminate point in the future, be able to do.

Game is all about opinions - I quite like FW - he is a good shot stopper and he is young enough to learn and develop and shows very good potential imho. David de Gea made a few howlers when he first started at the upstarts but see how he has developed. It is the hardest position on the pitch when goals are going in. One mistake and you are slated whereas elsewhere you might make 10 and they don’t get the same level of vitriol.

I understand and what you say re he could have shouted but the last goal should have been cleared from the corner way before he had a save to make.

is he the best keeper I’ve ever seen - no.
    is he the finished product - no
    can he get better - yes
    is he good enough for this level - I think yes and his good qualities outweigh the bad

i think you said before BPF should get a run and I think he would be good but not likely to happen and I think Felix is at least as good as Loners. Interesting stats on the YEP site - his average rating matches Rob Green’s from last season.

point away at Derby is always a good result even if it feels like 2 points dropped

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Game is all about opinions - I quite like FW - he is a good shot stopper and he is young enough to learn and develop and shows very good potential imho. David de Gea made a few howlers when he first started at the upstarts but see how he has developed. It is the hardest position on the pitch when goals are going in. One mistake and you are slated whereas elsewhere you might make 10 and they don’t get the same level of vitriol.

I understand and what you say re he could have shouted but the last goal should have been cleared from the corner way before he had a save to make.

is he the best keeper I’ve ever seen - no.
    is he the finished product - no
    can he get better - yes
    is he good enough for this level - I think yes and his good qualities outweigh the bad

i think you said before BPF should get a run and I think he would be good but not likely to happen and I think Felix is at least as good as Loners. Interesting stats on the YEP site - his average rating matches Rob Green’s from last season.

point away at Derby is always a good result even if it feels like 2 points dropped
    The problem is that he hasn't improved over the course of the season, whether this is that he has reached his skill limits or what the goalkeeping/defensive coaches are teaching him.

Are his mistakes having a knock on effect on the Defence and their confidence?
    If we put him out on loan would another Championship club come in for him?

I think you are right and not everything can be blamed on just Weilwald, but I don't think that he is ready for the Championship and if truthfully honest, I don't think he would be in the next 3-4 years.

Edit: My feelings on rating are, does a player that isn't as good get a higher rating when they have a good game against an average player having a good game
    Last edited by fredlufc74; 22-02-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)