+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the Opinions on Hecky so far?

What are the Opinions on Hecky so far?

I have just listened to another press conference with Hecky. I’m really getting him. Never dodgers a question and explains clearly what he expects of players. Captain’s role is key and he believes the armband has to be earned not just handed out. Seems he is well into the mind as well as the physical side of the game. I know time will tell but I am really liking what I see and hear from him. Reckon he will make the difference out club needs.

Early days I know but a big yes from me at this stage

good yorkshire accent. 1 point from 6, that means hes consistent, showed similar stats this season at his former club.

Give the lad a chance he's only got one foot in the door - see what happens this week!

Lose another couple and it wonn't be long before the nay Sayers are chanting "Hecky Out" ..

He needs a full season to show what he can do (but that could have been said of TC) - I agree that his interviews are refreshingly honest and have a tinge of Yorkshire directness about them which I like. Will be interesting to see how he fares under pressure when the knives are out - though I am obviously hoping he will deliver the magic formula so those knives never come out.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Give the lad a chance he's only got one foot in the door - see what happens this week!
    we were asked on our observations "so far" Cal. My answer was somewhat tongue in cheek because i thought the thread was a tad premature, as you say the boy has " only got one foot in the door", so i think "opinions" are at this stage pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacaman View Post
    I have just listened to another press conference with Hecky. I’m really getting him. Never dodgers a question and explains clearly what he expects of players. Captain’s role is key and he believes the armband has to be earned not just handed out. Seems he is well into the mind as well as the physical side of the game. I know time will tell but I am really liking what I see and hear from him. Reckon he will make the difference out club needs.

Early days I know but a big yes from me at this stage
    So far, so good (as.a.coach/manager). I suspect his performances will be in inverse proportion to the amount of "assistance" he gets from Orta ( hopefully not one word, here's hoping!).

think he's better tactically and we've gone a game without a red card.

I think he'll be good if he survives the season. if saiz does not like him we'll have a problem right away.

So far so good. He seems calm and measured in his approach and I sense that (unlike previous incumbents) he won't be shy of telling the players what he expects from them. I sense that he is the kind of manager that won't take any **** from the prima donnas (that's a few on the way out soon then) but that if they do as he asks then he will back them to the hilt. That's the thing about leadership and loyalty - it's very much a symbiotic relationship. Unlike Evans he looks like he has some semblance of sporting prowess (or at least he could climb the stairs without suffering a coronary), unlike TC he doesn't look like a manikin from a Metro***ual clothes shop in Hamburg Station and unlike Gary Monk he will probably want to see the job through.

"look like a manikin from a Metro***ual clothes shop in Hamburg Station"

Lol

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)