+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are the Opinions on Hecky so far?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What are the Opinions on Hecky so far?

I have just listened to another press conference with Hecky. I’m really getting him. Never dodgers a question and explains clearly what he expects of players. Captain’s role is key and he believes the armband has to be earned not just handed out. Seems he is well into the mind as well as the physical side of the game. I know time will tell but I am really liking what I see and hear from him. Reckon he will make the difference out club needs.

Early days I know but a big yes from me at this stage

good yorkshire accent. 1 point from 6, that means hes consistent, showed similar stats this season at his former club.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    good yorkshire accent. 1 point from 6, that means hes consistent, showed similar stats this season at his former club.
    amended to say 2 points for a possible 9, its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    amended to say 2 points for a possible 9, its all good.
    That's two more than we would have under TC.....And would have been more had we had ANY other keeper in goal

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    That's two more than we would have under TC.....And would have been more had we had ANY other keeper in goal
    Agreed on the keeper front, obviously, but.......

We persist with some strange line-ups, and even stranger tactics on substitutions.

An example from last night....others have said, and I agree, that Saiz and Alioski spark off each other. It was evident before Lassogga arrived and has been every time they are on the pitch together. Why then, in a match where we needed to start fast and stay on the front foot, do we wait until 55 minutes in to being on Saiz, and only because of an injury 10 minutes from time did Alioski get a chance to team up with him, with an end result we all want to see more of, I mean, WTF????

Anyway, we have 2 draws from 2 games, which is probably better than we would have had under Christiansen. Just hope the line-ups make more sense in future, and we have formations that can play to win a game, not survive it.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Why then, in a match where we needed to start fast and stay on the front foot, do we wait until 55 minutes in to being on Saiz, and only because of an injury 10 minutes from time did Alioski get a chance to team up with him, with an end result we all want to see more of, I mean, WTF????
    I suspect Hecky was looking first and foremost to try and keep things as tight as possible, probably thinking that a point in this game would have been a decent result, and as such was trying to do that at least for the first 50 mins - hence Vieira rather than Phillips or OKane, Dallas instead of Alioski, and by and large it worked (and would have worked better without Wiedwald.....). Now whether that was the right tactic to approach the game with in hindsight who knows, but I can understand why he'd want to try and be first and foremost hard to beat, and anything beyond that a bonus.

He will do for me. He needs to get to know his players inside out know all their ability, Strengths, Weaknesses, Moods, Tantrums all these and many more, Problem is these days football is a business and too many managers do not get the time to fathom these out unless its win win win, I know one thing we have played three top teams in the division and lost 1 which i think was unfortunate v Blunts, That is and with the games coming up still is a tough task for ANY new guy coming in, In fact we should have beat Derby and Bristol in the end and got at least a point v Blunts so for me that is a testament to him, He is still finding his players out and with the likes of O.Kane he is not scared to axe, Noone can legislate for individual errors after they cross the white but he will make changes if they continue to feck up, Dont forget he has only just got here with a clean slate promised for everyone, We are only 3 games in ffs.

Give the lad a chance he's only got one foot in the door - see what happens this week!

He needs a full season to show what he can do (but that could have been said of TC) - I agree that his interviews are refreshingly honest and have a tinge of Yorkshire directness about them which I like. Will be interesting to see how he fares under pressure when the knives are out - though I am obviously hoping he will deliver the magic formula so those knives never come out.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Give the lad a chance he's only got one foot in the door - see what happens this week!
    we were asked on our observations "so far" Cal. My answer was somewhat tongue in cheek because i thought the thread was a tad premature, as you say the boy has " only got one foot in the door", so i think "opinions" are at this stage pointless.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)