+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Cambridge Utd. 20/02/18

Got to try something out the ordinary or this is going to end badly. If Forte isn't going to get a run of games then Grant as a second striker? Noble? Both behind Stead?

It's hard to see where goals are coming from at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It is not looking too clever at the moment. I can’t put my finger on it, surely losing Yates is not it, one player does not make a team.
    Then their are the new recruits, who a blowing barely warm to cold. The established players have lost form, with the exception of Stead who until the last couple of games was doing his bit.
    It is KN first full season, is he running out of steam and needs a few days away?
    We have gone from a side that would run through walls for each other to surrendering points with a whimper.
    Stevenege is a s h I t or bust game for us now. We simply have got to win all our home games and hope we somehow start picking up points away.
    I am not going to lose my head like some, as I personally think it’s counter productive. But, this is not the Notts of pre Christmas.
    As daft as it sounds I would give the players a couple of days away from footballs when we next have a free mid week. ‘Lads pi ss off for a couple of days with the Mrs, or each other, but for fu ck sake forget about football. See you on Wednesday’.
    Is it too much of a wild idea to suggest that having Noble in the dressing room may cause problems? He's my scapegoat at this moment in time. Results have gone downhill since he walked through the door (even before he was fit and eligible to play). One bad egg can turn things on their head. Sorry Liam, please prove me wrong. Forest Green seem to be doing better now...

It is not looking too clever at the moment. I can’t put my finger on it, surely losing Yates is not it, one player does not make a team.
    Then their are the new recruits, who a blowing barely warm to cold. The established players have lost form, with the exception of Stead who until the last couple of games was doing his bit.
    It is KN first full season, is he running out of steam and needs a few days away?
    We have gone from a side that would run through walls for each other to surrendering points with a whimper.
    Stevenege is a s h I t or bust game for us now. We simply have got to win all our home games and hope we somehow start picking up points away.
    I am not going to lose my head like some, as I personally think it’s counter productive. But, this is not the Notts of pre Christmas.
    As daft as it sounds I would give the players a couple of days away from footballs when we next have a free mid week. ‘Lads pi ss off for a couple of days with the Mrs, or each other, but for fu ck sake forget about football. See you on Wednesday’.
    I think that is a sensible and reasoned post. Now we've got rid of the Tue/Sat round of games there are no more midweek games this season so it gives us a breather and gives players the chance to recharge and refresh for the remaining 12 games so I don't think you're suggestion is wild at all.

Also let's not forget that we did bring in Mason Bennett in but he did not last long before picking up an injury which was unfortunate or expected depending how you look at it.

We would be a far better side if we could play Shola every minute every game and play 4-4-2 but we can't, and we should not be relying on a 36 year old and a near 35 year old front man. In an ideal world they should only be impact players at their age or start and play for an hour to keep them fresh and sharp.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 20-02-2018 at 10:10 PM.

I have been looking forward to home games all season,but I am not looking forward to Saturday.Kevin Nolan keeps saying he is happy with the players he has got,so what has gone wrong ?

I have watched every game live this season 78, and I could see the wheels falling off before my eyes......we have become less and less effective with each game......Grant has literally gone to sleep, our aging twosome have aged even more rapidly.....and our midfield is now non~existent......it is honestly that simple

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Is it too much of a wild idea to suggest that having Noble in the dressing room may cause problems? He's my scapegoat at this moment in time. Results have gone downhill since he walked through the door (even before he was fit and eligible to play). One bad egg can turn things on their head. Sorry Liam, please prove me wrong. Forest Green seem to be doing better now...
    Oddly enough, I was thinking the same thing. His arrival does coincide with our downturn in form, although I fully appreciate that doesn't prove anything. I also think his contribution from what I've seen so far, has been way short of what is required both in terms of effort and quality.

I think we really miss Yates. Not only was he leading by example in the way he played, he seemed to be the most vocal on the pitch and was always rallying the rest of the team at every interval in play. Since he's left, I don't see anyone else doing the same thing.

Yes I do think it is wild. Blaming 1 player. A player that seems to be getting picked every game now, even if it is out of position. Do you think KN would be playing him if he was a bad egg? A cancer? Or whatever else you think may be happening in the changing room?
    Each to their own Manc.

Causes

I agree. He was openly contradicting KN's instructions on last Tuesday. Get rid, as Forest Green did!

KN needs more cunning and a bit more humility.

He is till very good but got a bit carried away by end of November.

The referees have been more biased against since KN talked to one of their committees. What was that about?

Derby player was known in Derby to be carrying an injury?

Forest deliberately and illegally showed their true and sad colours at a crucial time.

Too many old men run out of steam by mid -season, while the real contender sides have been coasting, ready to pounce. Happens every year.

I still think Noble was a disastrous re-recruitment for said reason. A managerial recruit or an owner one???

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Oddly enough, I was thinking the same thing. His arrival does coincide with our downturn in form, although I fully appreciate that doesn't prove anything. I also think his contribution from what I've seen so far, has been way short of what is required both in terms of effort and quality.

I think we really miss Yates. Not only was he leading by example in the way he played, he seemed to be the most vocal on the pitch and was always rallying the rest of the team at every interval in play. Since he's left, I don't see anyone else doing the same thing.

We’ve not been able to replace Yates, who was our player of the season until his untimely departure.

Bottom line is that with this ageing squad, we overachieved going into 2018. We have lacked pace all season, especially up top. Liam Noble has lived down to most fans’ expectations, Grant has lost his way, Hawkridge looks non-league standard. The Bennett injury was unlucky, but he did have a bad injury track record.

We’ve got to win all of our home games to have a chance of the playoffs, because our away form is shocking (no goals in three against very average opposition). Frustrating times.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebellum View Post
    I agree. He was openly contradicting KN's instructions on last Tuesday. Get rid, as Forest Green did!

KN needs more cunning and a bit more humility.

He is till very good but got a bit carried away by end of November.

The referees have been more biased against since KN talked to one of their committees. What was that about?

Derby player was known in Derby to be carrying an injury?

Forest deliberately and illegally showed their true and sad colours at a crucial time.

Too many old men run out of steam by mid -season, while the real contender sides have been coasting, ready to pounce. Happens every year.

I still think Noble was a disastrous re-recruitment for said reason. A managerial recruit or an owner one???
    What illegality did Forest commit then? Why do we always blame the ref, he doesn't stop us from having a shot at goal or hoof the ball forward to one striker marked by 2/3 players.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast