+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I am more than a coach

Mooist of it's been sed.

My favourite 50-50 seller has settled into her new black Ronnie Barker glasses and subtle peach lippy and was looking good last neet. She wished me good luck burra dint win.

Proverbial game of two thirds/ one third. Having settled in mi seeat and watched the new pre match training routine where we play against an imaginary team on heyf the pitch finishing wi a shot on an empty goal a thought reyt, nar lets see aar wi play when there are opposition players. I concur with the view that the first heyf performance was up there with the worst av ivva seen at Oakwell, and there ez been sum badduns. Azzezbinsed technically shocking, lacking in confidence and ideas, no closing down, Burton looked fitter, faster to the ball and gave us a football lesson. The negligence of not gerrin a keeper in during January was exposed at their second goal. A thought wid gorraway wi just a 0-1 deficit when their Lad of Afro-Caribbean heritage missed a good chance just befooar heyf time but no. The mood around me could be most politely described as "restless" and a well-merited chorus of boos was ringing in Morais ears as he walked back. At least Morais ed seen that he couldn't just sit back with a cigar and watch gifted players run the game as in his previous roles.
    Hammill wor evvin a bad 'un, Isgrove ed no energy and our top scorer Bradshaw ez lost all confidence. It wont rocket science to see that all three needed to come off. Burton were bottom of the league with the worst goal difference in the league so it was no surprise they began to tire and fall back to hold what they had. There were cries of wtf when Potts came on fo Hammill but Morais had few options left and on came Mamma and Moore as well. All three mustev been inspired to believe cos the wo a transformation. Mamma was on fire forriz heyf an hour, Potts brought forward energy into midfield and Moore wo winning knock darns against a tiring defence.
    Sadly not quite enough in the end.
    Am not sure Mamma, Potts and Moore are the answer from the kick off against better teams but at least wi ed some entertainment. Tha missed it all Ponte. Tha shud believe We still cant win a game but Morais still ez 14 games to save us starting at Birmingham on Setdi.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 21-02-2018 at 09:26 AM.

He'll be on the phone to his mate at Old Trafford as I speak .

The advice coming back will include , Park The Bus , Demand £300m In The Summer , There Not Your Players , even though when they are they aren't really , Deflect Attention Away From Your Self And Blame The Officals By Going Nuts On TV .

If all else fails I need another coach to put out the cones and hand the bibs out here at OT so don't worry .

I blame our lass for last nights defeat. She spoilt the kama. She was on phone to me whilst I was in Bramah nagging me to have sumat to eat. Then she was texting me whilst match was starting so I missed first goal. Then at half time she was on phone pestering me whilst second goal went in.

I telled her you can do what you want but I can't do what I want. She told me she was just worried about me. I said I didn't twist your arm up your back and make you babysit. You could have come if you want. What's up don't you trust me or sumat.

Spoilt my night that did. That's why I p1ssed off at half time. Next tuesday night game I'm switching phone off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I blame our lass for last nights defeat. She spoilt the kama. She was on phone to me whilst I was in Bramah nagging me to have sumat to eat. Then she was texting me whilst match was starting so I missed first goal. Then at half time she was on phone pestering me whilst second goal went in.

I telled her you can do what you want but I can't do what I want. She told me she was just worried about me. I said I didn't twist your arm up your back and make you babysit. You could have come if you want. What's up don't you trust me or sumat.

Spoilt my night that did. That's why I p1ssed off at half time. Next tuesday night game I'm switching phone off.
    Surely Hecky is to blame somewhere in that story steve ??

:-) :-) :-)

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Surely Hecky is to blame somewhere in that story steve ??

:-) :-) :-)
    Aye he is and Paul Harsley . That midfield duo was like having a back six.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Aye he is and Paul Harsley . That midfield duo was like having a back six.
    Only one winner coming out of this debacle steve and he's up the M1 on a big fat contract at a bigger club .

Don't Look Back In Anger , you bettcha !!!

I know he had constraints and lost his team. That aside he put a pretty dire team together with what he was left.

I was concerned when I saw the squad because I had hoped to see one or two changes to be honest. That first half has been called one of the worst thats ever been seen at Oakwell. Despite dominating them in the second half we've failed to score more than 1 again, and are saying the ref has conned us again with the non pen and disallowed goal etc.

If Jose can see a few things clearer now though after that debacle, and make the appropriate changes, then things still might work out for us.

On what I saw Gardner and Williams would be out of the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I was concerned when I saw the squad because I had hoped to see one or two changes to be honest. That first half has been called one of the worst thats ever been seen at Oakwell. Despite dominating them in the second half we've failed to score more than 1 again, and are saying the ref has conned us again with the non pen and disallowed goal etc.

If Jose can see a few things clearer now though after that debacle, and make the appropriate changes, then things still might work out for us.
    Acido , he can change what he wants , bring this guy in bring that guy in , play 4-3-3 if he wants but the fact remains the squad isn't good enough for this level at this moment in time .

Best case scenario would be to take the drop , re-group in pre season and hope the squad can build the confidence and momentum at a more forgiving level as per two years ago .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast