+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not yet again!

Not yet again!

The club must hold the record in Div2 for conceding a goal in the very last minutes of a game. It is unbelievable that the team are totally in capable of holding on to a lead or even a draw on so many occasions. If I was the Manager I would be going ballistic!

If football was only 40 minutes each way we would be top of the league

Useless Clueless Hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    If football was only 40 minutes each way we would be top of the league
    Things have improved a little the game used to be over by half time before!! this problem has been going on for years now but no one at the club has any idea of doing anything about it. Crewe the biggest softest team in the football league for a few months at least. 87 min Crewe thought it was all over WELL IT IS NOW !!

Well second half I had my stopwatch on (sad I know) and 4 minutes time was said to be added on, in fact the second goal was scored between 4 and 5 minutes, I don't know where that extra time came from.
    Not an excuse I know but strange it wasn't queried

Well second half I had my stopwatch on (sad I know) and 4 minutes time was said to be added on, in fact the second goal was scored between 4 and 5 minutes, I don't know where that extra time came from.
    If their first goal was in added time, the ref will add on more to account for the celebrations, I think!!
    And remember it’s a minimum time.

96 minutes played according to the stats on BBC Sport. Where on earth did he get those extra minutes from? Matched them for possession, had more shots than them and really deserved something from that game. Poor refereeing, poor defensive cover or just plain bad luck? Was Artell right to bring on Walker for those final throws of the game?

90 min

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    96 minutes played according to the stats on BBC Sport. Where on earth did he get those extra minutes from? Matched them for possession, had more shots than them and really deserved something from that game. Poor refereeing, poor defensive cover or just plain bad luck? Was Artell right to bring on Walker for those final throws of the game?
    The laws of the game clearly state it is 45 min each way total 90 min,the Referee does not add time on he knocks time off during the game have you not seen them stopping there watch in the game? so everyone thinks he is adding time on but actually he is playing only 90min. Technical i know! its how you tell them !!

I almost wish Miller hadn't scored. It was after that event that Exeter started 'panicking' and lobbing the ball into the box at which time we crumbled again. Prior to the event Exeter seemed to have settled for a draw. Still we also very nearly scored in extra time as well.
    I know how I felt at the end of the game. I can't imagine how some of the players felt.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    The laws of the game clearly state it is 45 min each way total 90 min,the Referee does not add time on he knocks time off during the game have you not seen them stopping there watch in the game? so everyone thinks he is adding time on but actually he is playing only 90min. Technical i know! its how you tell them !!
    Actually that is exactly true and pretty profound statement because even the officials and announcer consider it to be 'time added on'....Its easy to get annoyed when teams score in the 96th minute or something and easy to forget the referee has indeed stopped his watch to reflect certain things. I read somewhere that 30 secs for each sub too?

I wasn't at the match but listened to it on RS and thought DA was doing the right thing by taking off Miller and putting a big defensive player on to defend the lead but of course it can affect the mentality of the side and give the opposition a bit more time to launch their attacks but think most people would agree that conceding two goals in stoppage time is unbelievable because should it not be relatively easy for a team to keep possession just for a few minutes of a game or at least not give the ball away so easily? Maybe taking Miller off was counter productive in that sense..How come their player was able to score the last goal without someone marking him?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 21-02-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by itwasin View Post
    .....the Referee does not add time on he knocks time off during the game have you not seen them stopping there watch in the game? so everyone thinks he is adding time on but actually he is playing only 90min.....

I think you are trying to be TOO clever for your own good here.
    If that (stopping their watch) were the case, then how come "added time" is always to the minute and NOT to the second?
    Nice try!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast