+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts v Cambridge

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    So hang on a minute. You predicted 10th,we are currently above that, yet people within the the club are ‘clueless’. Makes sense.
    I didnt say anyone was clueless. The team did a bloody great job to get in the top spots but unfortunately reality bites. We aint much chop youth.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I
    We're still a play-off contender and that's massive progress on last year. This time last year we were still sweating on league status!
    Like Grant's a rookie player (first time he's ever played anywhere near 40 pro games), Nolan's a rookie manager in his first full season. I bet he can't wait to get to the summer to start putting together an even more competitive squad. Before that we can enjoy battling for a top 7 place and you never know what might happened.
    Our position is massive progress on last year, but the squad isn't. KN might wave a magic wand in the summer, but past experience shows us AH/KN aren't very good at recruiting. Although it won't be difficult to put together a more competitive squad than one that sits 19th in the current form table (last 8 matches).

http://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=england4

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    'Over achieved', I would agree with but I don't remember coming away from one match this season thinking, 'Jeez, that was a spawny win'.
    You missed the Carlisle game then? Most of the home games this season could easily have gone the other way (including the losses) on one refereeing decision or one individual error. We rode our luck before Christmas, now it seems to have deserted us. In my opinion we've never looked like a promotion team. A lot of our early success was based as much on stopping the opposition playing as being good ourselves, we're now becoming an easy team to play against. Yates was a big loss, but I don't know if even he would have arrested the slide, we just don't have the quality needed to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Our position is massive progress on last year, but the squad isn't. KN might wave a magic wand in the summer, but past experience shows us AH/KN aren't very good at recruiting. Although it won't be difficult to put together a more competitive squad than one that sits 19th in the current form table (last 8 matches).

I'd say it was genuine progress if we had a core of young/promising players to take into next season. Unfortunately that's not the case, Grant will probably be back at Forest, Ameobi will retire and possibly Stead.

Hewitt is a genuine quality developing young player, possibly also the case for Husin and Fitzsimons. Other than that we'll have the usual clear out and punt on new signings. It also appears the class of 18 didn't quite work out as planned.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I didnt say anyone was clueless. The team did a bloody great job to get in the top spots but unfortunately reality bites. We aint much chop youth.
    Ermmmmm ‘crap clueless management’. So is that Nolan or Hardy? These were your words YOUTH not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Ermmmmm ‘crap clueless management’. So is that Nolan or Hardy? These were your words YOUTH not mine.
    Clearly a career in Journalism at The Sun or similar ilk awaits as you like mis representing folks. Take the comment in context and I apologise for not being 100% accurate. Would you like to have a virtual wager with me that Notts will finish above 10th?

With the winnings to charity?
    I will go 20 quid we finish 10th or lower you can have 1-9. Game?

My winnings would go to The Royal Flying Doctor Service AU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

Yes, the jury's still out on their recruitment. Let's hope they're on a steep learning curve and can start doing a lot better.

What we forget are the players who were taking us to the conference for sure on Sheridan's epic 10 straight defeats - Collin, Duffy, Hewitt, Tootle, Milsom, Dickinson, Stead, Forte, Smith, O'Connor....
    It's amazing to me that these same players were mixing it up in 2nd place just 1 year later. How come? I'd give 4 reasons - Hardy, Nolan, Grant, Yates. Whatever happens this season, it's been an unbelievable turnaround. A few on NCM would do well to remember this, and save themselves some angst in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    I'd say it was genuine progress if we had a core of young/promising players to take into next season. Unfortunately that's not the case, Grant will probably be back at Forest, Ameobi will retire and possibly Stead.

Hewitt is a genuine quality developing young player, possibly also the case for Husin and Fitzsimons. Other than that we'll have the usual clear out and punt on new signings. It also appears the class of 18 didn't quite work out as planned.
    Wouldn't surprise me if Duffy was given a new contract. It would horrify me but not surprise me.

...i961pie ...Wouldn't surprise me if Duffy was given a new contract. It would horrify me but not surprise me.

Now you're REALLY trying to upset me ...!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123