+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Masters of Destiny!

Masters of Destiny!

That Gillingham equaliser finally means we are in a position where we don't have to rely on other clubs' results.
    I'm sure there will be more ups-and-downs, but we have at last clawed our way into the top two.
    It now becomes a matter of consistency, and hoping that no random elements of luck or refereeing go against us.
    Weirdly, I'll probably be even more nervous from now on.
    Incidentally, have you noticed how many L.1 teams are on a good run at the moment?
    Gillingham being another example.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    That Gillingham equaliser finally means we are in a position where we don't have to rely on other clubs' results.
    I'm sure there will be more ups-and-downs, but we have at last clawed our way into the top two.
    It now becomes a matter of consistency, and hoping that no random elements of luck or refereeing go against us.
    Weirdly, I'll probably be even more nervous from now on.
    Incidentally, have you noticed how many L.1 teams are on a good run at the moment?
    Gillingham being another example.

There will be a few twists and turns yet. But looking at our fixtures, I just don't see us losing many. Rotherham would have to win 3 extra games than us, to overtake us. Wigan are in this great cup run, and will end up with a huge glut of games at once late in the season. Shrewsbury are faultering (as are Wigan) so we just need to keep our heads.
    Right about the in form sides. Rotherham, Plymouth, Southend, Gills all doing well at the mo. Even Bury had gone unbeaten 5 games prior to our game.

Top 2 for real..

Posted to that effect on shrews board..

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    There will be a few twists and turns yet. But looking at our fixtures, I just don't see us losing many. Rotherham would have to win 3 extra games than us, to overtake us. Wigan are in this great cup run, and will end up with a huge glut of games at once late in the season. Shrewsbury are faultering (as are Wigan) so we just need to keep our heads.
    Right about the in form sides. Rotherham, Plymouth, Southend, Gills all doing well at the mo. Even Bury had gone unbeaten 5 games prior to our game.
    Champs - that bit about "keeping our heads" is so true.
    I would be very surprised if we go unbeaten, but should we lose a game, some of the posters on the Telegraph site will go straight into hysteria mode again.
    Football just ISN'T 100% predictable, as some of them seem to believe. Some games defy logic. 80% possession and defeat for the PL runaway leaders against a "Third Division" club?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Top 2 for real..

Posted to that effect on shrews board..
    How am I doing on there at the mo?

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Champs - that bit about "keeping our heads" is so true.
    I would be very surprised if we go unbeaten, but should we lose a game, some of the posters on the Telegraph site will go straight into hysteria mode again.
    Football just ISN'T 100% predictable, as some of them seem to believe. Some games defy logic. 80% possession and defeat for the PL runaway leaders against a "Third Division" club?
    Exactly Auks. What does last nights Cup result do to their 'football by numbers' logic? Sack Pep? Which day did he go from messiah to failure? A Sunday? Did the players all round up and say 'not liking the look of the gaffer today lads, Walker you step over the ball in the 89th min and the rest of you purposely miss chances for 90 mins' .....you know aswell as I do if/when we go up to a few it will be 'It's nothing, Mowbray had to get us up, he did that, no big deal. All we had to do was turn up every week and win'. If only football was that simple. As Pep & his billionaire club found out last night.

We have played the long waiting game. Patient, cautious, but ultimately we move into top position at such a significant point of the season. And while others faulter around us, we will hopefully keep our heads. Think back to the hysteria to us losing one game (to a very inform side) and look where we are now. We can bounce back from a one off bad result.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    How am I doing on there at the mo?
    To be fair, they don't bite as easily as most Burnley fans..

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    To be fair, they don't bite as easily as most Burnley fans..
    I had to just remind one that we are taking more to Walsall on Sat than they got at home tonight. Given up ......��

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)