+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Optimistic after tonight.....right in the mix!!

Optimistic after tonight.....right in the mix!!

I fully agree with Wilder in his assessment. We were brilliant tonight for 60 mins. How frustrating were we for the rest of the game BUT we ground it out. Thought we looked so classy at times. Evans is a r8 player. He’ll no doubt get even better. Thought sharp and Clarke caused problems and both should have scored. Lundstram was decent and got his reward. Still too many stray passes from him though. Defence was solid. A good night I thought. Never looked like losing. We finally got a glimpse of Ryan Leonard as well with that run towards the end. Would have been great to see him score. UTB!!!

Last game of the normal season could be absolutely crucial.

In fact the last 2, Preston H, Bristol A might leave us with no fingernails left to bite.

Spot on BB, agree 100% UTB!

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    I fully agree with Wilder in his assessment. We were brilliant tonight for 60 mins. How frustrating were we for the rest of the game BUT we ground it out. Thought we looked so classy at times. Evans is a r8 player. He’ll no doubt get even better. Thought sharp and Clarke caused problems and both should have scored. Lundstram was decent and got his reward. Still too many stray passes from him though. Defence was solid. A good night I thought. Never looked like losing. We finally got a glimpse of Ryan Leonard as well with that run towards the end. Would have been great to see him score. UTB!!!
    I like Evans but he was at fault for their goal,he tried to foul Freeman two o timesr three and missed.I don't know how ya can say we never looked like losin mi owd pal,we were hangin on for dear life in the last 20mins or so.Another 3 points towards where we wanna be,we move on to Humberside.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I like Evans but he was at fault for their goal,he tried to foul Freeman two o timesr three and missed.I don't know how ya can say we never looked like losin mi owd pal,we were hangin on for dear life in the last 20mins or so.Another 3 points towards where we wanna be,we move on to Humberside.UTCB
    Thought they’d nick an equaliser at worst. Never thought we’d go home with zero. Would have felt like zero after the first 60 mins though. We’ve got to beat that shambles lead by Adkins on Friday!! UTB.

i think we missed flecks driving runs last night midfield did ok but im not sure about playing evans and lundstrum in there thought leonard would have been selected having said that lundstrum played well definetly one for the future hes improved significantly in last couple of months but yeah were still right in there can see holmes and brooks being used at some point at dull

Great three points. Onwards and upwards, Blades. Also we've reached the magical milestone of 50+ points, so hopefully I can now say with some confidence that we're not going down