+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple of things

Couple of things

Firstly . Williams and Gardner both in centre midfield-at one point we had 6 at the back. It's either one or the other (although if neither played I wouldn't lose any sleep). I'm getting a bit sick of us being like some rehabilitation centre and not having a degree of self worth (Matt James excluded). They should start on merit or bo!!ox to having them on loan. On a positive at least we didnt pay 1m for Williams

Secondly. Why the Chuff did fans boo at half time? Yes it was pants but he's had 3 days and 45 mins of football to try to repair nearly 50 games worth of damage yet the happy clapping was always in full force for PH. Spare me, PH was gash recently 27% win rate (hill was a better manager although not statistically). I think some folk had those coloured glasses on tonight

Top post Renno
    Totally Agree , It's time these fans cut the ties with that medlomaniac who got us on this downward spiral , Yes he was HC and 2 Wembley wins on his C V , that wasn't his team in reality, all the hard work was done by Danny Wilson and Lee Johnson ,
    I won't forget the Wembley wins ever , golden memories ,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Top post Renno
    Totally Agree , It's time these fans cut the ties with that medlomaniac who got us on this downward spiral , Yes he was HC and 2 Wembley wins on his C V , that wasn't his team in reality, all the hard work was done by Danny Wilson and Lee Johnson ,
    Cheers. PH imo was a narcissist which has cost us dearly . Again (all allegedly) there was a lot of eyelash fluttering with the Sunderland and forest jobs which I felt swelled the ego a tad and could've taken the eye off the job in hand. It was only after the Norwich game away where we seemed to have a bit of momentum did we think we were onto something however we've had 1 win since then!! It wasn't the first bad half of football all season. Barring the Fulham 1st half I can't think of a good game recently under the PH reign. Let's be frank the CV of JM is pretty impressive , and whilst it doesn't guarantee results he warrants respect. Apart from the first part of last season and the latter half of the previous season in league 1 it has been nothing short of dire.

Just because he was local doesn't make him immune from criticism which I think at times on this and other boards has been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    Cheers. PH imo was a narcissist which has cost us dearly . Again (all allegedly) there was a lot of eyelash fluttering with the Sunderland and forest jobs which I felt swelled the ego a tad and could've taken the eye off the job in hand. It was only after the Norwich game away where we seemed to have a bit of momentum did we think we were onto something however we've had 1 win since then!! It wasn't the first bad half of football all season. Barring the Fulham 1st half I can't think of a good game recently under the PH reign. Let's be frank the CV of JM is pretty impressive , and whilst it doesn't guarantee results he warrants respect. Apart from the first part of last season and the latter half of the previous season in league 1 it has been nothing short of dire.

Just because he was local doesn't make him immune from criticism which I think at times on this and other boards has been the case.

Which part of JM's cv is impressive reno ? , I personally don't find anything impressive about it at all .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Which part of JM's cv is impressive reno ? , I personally don't find anything impressive about it at all .
    Real Madrid , inter Milan and Chelsea asst not normally in the running for the job at oakwell. Apart from viv Anderson - who had a pretty impressive playing pedigree , it's unheard of in our quarters

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Top post Renno
    Hecky told you after the Rotherham friendly many of the players weren't good enough and he said there are people at the club who think they know better than me .

He told you straight , you may have not liked it the same as some of you didn't like what Keef told you but he told you none the less .

Without the correct finance in place your pyssing in the wind at this level now and nobody will crack this nut .

Blame who you want but the fact remains everyone will struggle to keep this club in the championship with the current budget .

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    Real Madrid , inter Milan and Chelsea asst not normally in the running for the job at oakwell. Apart from viv Anderson - who had a pretty impressive playing pedigree , it's unheard of in our quarters
    Renno mate , he was part of a coaching team headed by Mourhino , coaching the very best , it's a different world here .

Personally if I was hiring a new coach/manager I'd be looking for a history of doing well on a small budget with experience in the championship and league one , Real Madrid wouldn't even come into it for me .

Just my opinion and hope he keeps us up , sincerely hope he proves me wrong .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Hecky told you after the Rotherham friendly many of the players weren't good enough and he said there are people at the club who think they know better than me .

He told you straight , you may have not liked it the same as some of you didn't like what Keef told you but he told you none the less .

Without the correct finance in place your pyssing in the wind at this level now and nobody will crack this nut .

Blame who you want but the fact remains everyone will struggle to keep this club in the championship with the current budget .
    Burton Albion appear to be looking about to do it on a similiar, IF NOT SMALLER budget than us. So that’s rubbish.Bolton too.
    The desire of Burtons players, not the skill level was totally in evidence tonight. NOT the amount they spent.
    Last edited by Jules88; 21-02-2018 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Burton Albion appear to be looking about to do it on a similiar, IF NOT SMALLER budget than us. So that’s rubbish.Bolton too.
    The desire of Burtons players, not the skill level was totally in evidence tonight. NOT the amount they spent.
    Jules they are struggling at the bottom end of the championship just the same as we are and even if they both stay up they will struggle just the same next season too .

It is what it is , looking for scapegoats in the dug out is flawed when they are expected to perform miracles on two bob .

Rochdale have had three promotions in their entire history and Keefs delivered two of em , that suggests he's not the w@nker some of our fans think he is .

Now it seems Hecky is a w@nker too because he couldn't win games on a two bob budget either .

The club went for young and cheap in the summer and apart from Matt Mills did the same last month .

It can't be done what they are attempting to do , the new owners either invest at the level required to give the HC a reasonable shot at it or we drop down into league one frequently .

Its that simple .

Matt Mills was the worse player of the 22 on the field tonight mate, seriously. Shocking.
    God Awful.......
    I’m not blaming PH. The way we operate is giving us what we are getting.
    Last edited by Jules88; 21-02-2018 at 01:27 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast