+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couple of things

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Matt Mills was the worse player of the 22 on the field tonight mate, seriously. Shocking.
    God Awful.......
    I’m not blaming PH. The way we operate is giving us what we are getting.
    The club have tried various ways of trying to be competitive at this level within it's budget .

Davey's complete rebuild with foreign players .

Robins and his half the team of loanees .

Keef's Rochdale experiment .

Today's recruitment policy of young and hungry .

It all ends up the same way , struggling at the bottom of the championship and eventually relegated .

Trying to pay a mortgage on a £750k house with a factory wage .

It can't be done on the cheap , the club have actually done remarkably well to avoid the gallows as long as they have .

I feel the present owners haven't the knowledge to stick the plasters on the wound , the january window hinted at that .

Wasting their time and money for me without investing significantly but it's their club and brass so that's down to them , no skin off my nose .

What will be will be .

Davey's rebuild brought in Anderson De Silva, Diego Leon and Hugo Colace. All three were players I enjoyed watching. We persevered with Davey too long. He lost the plot signing Gray, Hume and Mounir El Haimour. Just went stale but wasn't bad during the 2007/08 Season.

Robins was the best manager whilst I've been watching us regular. Never looked like losing our Championship status under him. He was shafted by tuppence apeny indecision from the board.

Keef Hills Rochdale experiment worked for six months. We played some good stuff and had a nice blend. However, it became apparent after christmas that Vaz Te, Drinkwater and Butterfield were carrying Done, Wiseman, Mcnulty, Perkins, Davies and co. I didn't like Keef anyway but was sad to see it go so drastically wrong, so quickly. I blame the board for that too.

I won't knock the young and hungry approach because it will work again where we're headed...league 1. However, I do blame the last boards unwillingness to tweak it subtly and be prudent with the proceeds of the fire sale.

Im still disappointed to this day, how it ended with Robins walking out like that.

simple Simon though did indeed push his luck for more than long enough, and I still wonder if Ritchie would have kept us up that first season back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12