+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/t Blakeney, Gloucestershire

O/t Blakeney, Gloucestershire

I know there's one or two off here who live Gloucester way. I've got to get something repaired this week which means me driving there first thing, leaving my vehicle then basically buggering off somewhere for the day until the work is completed before collecting my vehicle and heading back up the M5.
    The missis is thinking about following me down but if there's bugger all to do it might not be worth the effort.

Any suggestions chaps?

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    I know there's one or two off here who live Gloucester way. I've got to get something repaired this week which means me driving there first thing, leaving my vehicle then basically buggering off somewhere for the day until the work is completed before collecting my vehicle and heading back up the M5.
    The missis is thinking about following me down but if there's bugger all to do it might not be worth the effort.

Any suggestions chaps?
    Let your wife drive down on her own and get whatever needs repairing repaired.

Pay for her to stop over in a B+B.

Go out on the piss with your mates while she's away.

Have flowers waiting for her upon her return the next day.

She gets a mini holiday, you enjoy her absence in the presence of your mates and she comes back to find you're a romantic sod after all.

Job done and happy ever after .

Cirencester is a nice little town or Bourton on the water where Birdland is.

Cheltenham a good shopping venue.

I’m not a fan of Stroud though....went to a wedding there once and although it was a decent do and father and daughter seemed blissfully happy I found the town a bit dull.

Put it off for 3 weeks and then you'll be able to go to Cheltenham Races.

Sorry Minn, been laid up with the flu.
    Don't listen to mad Mick. Cirencester, Bourton, Cheltenham are nowhere near Blakeney. Cardiff is probably closer!
    You are in the Forest of Dean. Chepstow isn't far away. Puzzlewood, Steam trains in Lydney, Forest walks aren't too far away.
    Dean heritage centre very near to Blakeney, as are the banks of the Severn.

I'm probably too late aren't I? Back to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Let your wife drive down on her own and get whatever needs repairing repaired.

Pay for her to stop over in a B+B.

Go out on the piss with your mates while she's away.

Have flowers waiting for her upon her return the next day.

She gets a mini holiday, you enjoy her absence in the presence of your mates and she comes back to find you're a romantic sod after all.

Job done and happy ever after .
    LOVE IT , But why waste money on flowers get an extra couple of beers in 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    LOVE IT , But why waste money on flowers get an extra couple of beers in 🤣
    I didn't say anything about buying 'em JotS.

There's plenty of council flower beds around that he's already helped pay for .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I didn't say anything about buying 'em JotS.

There's plenty of council flower beds around that he's already helped pay for .
    My sort of thinking 68 👍

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Sorry Minn, been laid up with the flu.
    Don't listen to mad Mick. Cirencester, Bourton, Cheltenham are nowhere near Blakeney. Cardiff is probably closer!
    You are in the Forest of Dean. Chepstow isn't far away. Puzzlewood, Steam trains in Lydney, Forest walks aren't too far away.
    Dean heritage centre very near to Blakeney, as are the banks of the Severn.

I'm probably too late aren't I? Back to bed.
    Cheers for all the 'help' lads!

I'm not sure what filled me with dread more, my missis driving my truck or me getting up at 4.30 am to arrive for a 7am start at the mechanics place.

I did have a quick butchers on Google maps at Blakeney then decided to just sat-nav it down there. You're right Chris, its right on the door step to the Forest of Dean, i didn't realise this until I checked the old fashioned way on my old A to Z the night before.

As it turned out I ended up helping out on the spanners as we were up against it so I didn't get much chance to have a roam but I think I could quite easily live down there. Mind you that A48 has some shocking casualty figures! The guy who did my job yesterday sadly lost his brother on it, his previous three girlfriends had all lost a brother on it too, awful stats.

Bloody funny though, the guys work shop is on a farm, whilst trying to repair the truck we had sheep wondering in and out and nobody batted an eye lid! Great bunch of lads aswell, ripped the p1-5s out of each other all day but did a cracking job. Iv worked with lads from Shropshire, I thought they the wore carrot crunchers' crown but down 'Glaarsturr' they take the title!😁 The barn even had the inside of an old boozer in side it, ornate wooden bar, optics the lot, they held a charity Do in there a while back and hired 'The Worzels' to play for the evening, sounded it a right loff!

Now and again my job takes me to other parts of the country when buying plant, vehicles etc and Iv met some right characters, these lot yesterday were up there with the best of em'.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)