Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Our youth system has failed us

CRAIG EASTON APPOINTED RESERVE TEAM MANAGER.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...M-MANAGER.html

Quote Originally Posted by Logie_Arab View Post
    CRAIG EASTON APPOINTED RESERVE TEAM MANAGER.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...M-MANAGER.html
    Craig's a good lad,worked on a building site near St Andrews with him a few years back where he was labouring because he couldn't get work as a coach.

It's at the very least encouraging to see Martin etc instituting some real changes at the club and as long as they lead to improvement they'll benefit the club.

Fingers crossed Eastie can help our young kids make the transition from the youth game to the first team.

After all my rantings on this I'm delighted to see these changes announced today.Massive step in the right direction. I'll admit I wanted to see Davie Bowman step aside but good to see he now has a scouting role. I think he'll be a great asset in finding new players for us.
    Welcome Craig Easton, seems to have left a very good legacy at Raith, he's an Arab and will bring new drive passion and know how to the role, especially as he came through the youth system himself.
    Great news all round. FTD

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    After all my rantings on this I'm delighted to see these changes announced today.Massive step in the right direction. I'll admit I wanted to see Davie Bowman step aside but good to see he now has a scouting role. I think he'll be a great asset in finding new players for us.
    Welcome Craig Easton, seems to have left a very good legacy at Raith, he's an Arab and will bring new drive passion and know how to the role, especially as he came through the youth system himself.
    Great news all round. FTD
    He is an Airdrie fan but and arab too. I am liking the changes. Dont get the hate Bowman he must go thoughts on twitter but with the reserve league we needed someone ambitious. Scott Robertson arriving next week in some capacity too.

Luggy in charge of scouting is fantastic.

Calculated change is great to see - it may or may not work but is at least strategic and not reactive. Like the last 4 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    He is an Airdrie fan but and arab too. I am liking the changes. Dont get the hate Bowman he must go thoughts on twitter but with the reserve league we needed someone ambitious. Scott Robertson arriving next week in some capacity too.

Luggy in charge of scouting is fantastic.

Calculated change is great to see - it may or may not work but is at least strategic and not reactive. Like the last 4 years or so.
    Don't think Scott Robertson is coming mate,the FUN are thinking of tabling a £500k bid to get him back 😂 remember that ain🤣 oh mi hoorin sides😂

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Don't think Scott Robertson is coming mate,the FUN are thinking of tabling a £500k bid to get him back 😂 remember that ain🤣 oh mi hoorin sides😂
    That was brilliant! If only we bookmarked that **** - but hey ho we got lifes to live outside mad forums.

Haha it got me thinking of a dream i once had about a super stadium in Camperdown and monorails and stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    That was brilliant! If only we bookmarked that **** - but hey ho we got lifes to live outside mad forums.

Haha it got me thinking of a dream i once had about a super stadium in Camperdown and monorails and stuff too.
    Eh remember going to the Dens Park doags.....bet on trap 6 all night....won fk all😂

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    We currently have, barring injury, two players who have came through our youth set-up as first choice. Robson and Fraser. Five of our first team squad are such players also: adding Ballantyne, Allardice, and M Smith.

This is nowhere near failure IMHO.
    I said our youth system has failed us.
    You argued against it on this thread, "cyclical" etc I think you said. So the club come out and make the necessary changes, which would at least seem to suggest MM felt the same, but you fail to post anything about it??

All I've said is that we have had youth players, even in the last couple of years, in the team almost constantly. So I think the thread title is hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    All I've said is that we have had youth players, even in the last couple of years, in the team almost constantly. So I think the thread title is hyperbole.
    The club didn't think it was working. They changed it. Wholesale.

It seems to me that you're the kind of person who is happy with second best then comes up with reasons (excuses) why you came second. Instead of looking at the reasons you came second and making the changes needed to come first in the future.

Your refusal to criticise the results coming through the youth system. the performances under our current manager, and nearly everything to do with United seems to back this up.

Good organisations are not frightened of analysing every single aspect of the way they do business then being ruthless in making the changes that will improve the performance of the business. Accepting things as they were will usually give you more of the same. I'm not happy with mediocrity, but you seem to be.

With respect, you know hardly anything about me. I don't agree with your statement about our youth system failing the club as I don't see the evidence for it. The club changing personnel in that department isn't evidence of failure, it's evidence of new management looking to make a mark.

SCOTT ROBERTSON APPOINTED UNDER 18 COACH
    https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...-18-COACH.html

Again, appears a sound appointment.

Good to have a silver kisser back

Quote Originally Posted by Logie_Arab View Post
    SCOTT ROBERTSON APPOINTED UNDER 18 COACH
    https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...-18-COACH.html
    good stuff thought it had maybe fallen through - sticking point was he was to play for Arbroath but they didnt want him coaching. Telt ya (post 105)

Seen him out jogging along Berwick Drive the other night with his earphones in. Probably listening to the Mike Martin interview 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Seen him out jogging along Berwick Drive the other night with his earphones in. Probably listening to the Mike Martin interview 😎
    Listened to it today - gave me some confidence in him. I liked him and what he had to say. Except the bit about Csaba

Werner Bürger Appointed First Team Coach.
    https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...eam-Coach.html

The 2018 Oakham U16 Champions - Dundee United. After a fantastic group stage, a win in Semi Final v Chelsea and Final win against Stoke the boys are bringing the trophy home. Well done to all boys and Lee Wilkie and Brian Grant who coached the group.
    https://twitter.com/dufcacademy

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast