+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Our youth system has failed us

Well done to the young lads. Good to see them buck the trend of the club in penalty shootouts.
    Hopefully a brighter future ahead for the club eventually.

My original post seems a long time ago now. It was a lament that no youngsters had come through and made game changing impact on a season where we were aiming for a return to the top flight. An injection of desire, passion and a will to prove themselves capable and proud to wear the first team shirt, and everything that brings with it, energy, never say die, and a willingness to play for the boss whoever he is. These last 3 should never be under rated.

Just recently our youngsters seem to be in the news more with International call ups, and wins at the Oban and Oakham tournaments.
    Chick mentioned being impressed with a lad called Zata when he came on v St J in the Fizzy flat lemonade Irn Bru shield. Would love to hear more about him. Young Glass also seems to be one for the future. Are things looking up here? I've always felt (Transfer fees aside) that we are a club that needs great youth allied to experienced pros.

Is the future bright? Is the future Tangerine............

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    My original post seems a long time ago now. It was a lament that no youngsters had come through and made game changing impact on a season where we were aiming for a return to the top flight. An injection of desire, passion and a will to prove themselves capable and proud to wear the first team shirt, and everything that brings with it, energy, never say die, and a willingness to play for the boss whoever he is. These last 3 should never be under rated.

Just recently our youngsters seem to be in the news more with International call ups, and wins at the Oban and Oakham tournaments.
    Chick mentioned being impressed with a lad called Zata when he came on v St J in the Fizzy flat lemonade Irn Bru shield. Would love to hear more about him. Young Glass also seems to be one for the future. Are things looking up here? I've always felt (Transfer fees aside) that we are a club that needs great youth allied to experienced pros.

Is the future bright? Is the future Tangerine............
    Im gonna start with Glass with what you say about someone "made game changing impact on a season". I dont think this season will be his to the letter of what i think you mean, although he will score some goals if used correctly.

For this bit, "energy, never say die, and a willingness to play for the boss whoever he is.", i think this could sum up Mati Zata in the next couple of years. But we cannot take all the credit for him as he was previously released by NewCo, aw sod it, their loss!

Luc Bolan seems to be developing quite well as a defender and the lad at LB had a few shakey moments but recovered well. Louis Appere came to the club with a fair bit of a reputation, but im not seeing it as yet, and like i said about Chalmers, i am not seeing what i saw to think he has a future.

What i consider to be the remains of the last batch, Robson and Allardice, i consider this season to be their season, and for Robson, I think he has finally realized this, especially now he has competition. He will have dips in form, but im sure will come through that ok. Allardice i think has an air of class about him, but needs to force himself into contention to see if he can fulfill that potential.

All in, i have a bit more hope there is a future for the youth system, and i think Craig Eastons enthusiasm for the task in hand is kinda infectious!

The future is Tangerine!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)