+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Our youth system has failed us

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    All I've said is that we have had youth players, even in the last couple of years, in the team almost constantly. So I think the thread title is hyperbole.
    The club didn't think it was working. They changed it. Wholesale.

It seems to me that you're the kind of person who is happy with second best then comes up with reasons (excuses) why you came second. Instead of looking at the reasons you came second and making the changes needed to come first in the future.

Your refusal to criticise the results coming through the youth system. the performances under our current manager, and nearly everything to do with United seems to back this up.

Good organisations are not frightened of analysing every single aspect of the way they do business then being ruthless in making the changes that will improve the performance of the business. Accepting things as they were will usually give you more of the same. I'm not happy with mediocrity, but you seem to be.

With respect, you know hardly anything about me. I don't agree with your statement about our youth system failing the club as I don't see the evidence for it. The club changing personnel in that department isn't evidence of failure, it's evidence of new management looking to make a mark.

SCOTT ROBERTSON APPOINTED UNDER 18 COACH
    https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...-18-COACH.html

Again, appears a sound appointment.

Good to have a silver kisser back

Quote Originally Posted by Logie_Arab View Post
    SCOTT ROBERTSON APPOINTED UNDER 18 COACH
    https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...-18-COACH.html
    good stuff thought it had maybe fallen through - sticking point was he was to play for Arbroath but they didnt want him coaching. Telt ya (post 105)

Seen him out jogging along Berwick Drive the other night with his earphones in. Probably listening to the Mike Martin interview 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Seen him out jogging along Berwick Drive the other night with his earphones in. Probably listening to the Mike Martin interview 😎
    Listened to it today - gave me some confidence in him. I liked him and what he had to say. Except the bit about Csaba

Werner Bürger Appointed First Team Coach.
    https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...eam-Coach.html

The 2018 Oakham U16 Champions - Dundee United. After a fantastic group stage, a win in Semi Final v Chelsea and Final win against Stoke the boys are bringing the trophy home. Well done to all boys and Lee Wilkie and Brian Grant who coached the group.
    https://twitter.com/dufcacademy

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)