+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Our youth system has failed us

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    It’s a good comparison GB.

Even Ronnie delia was able to keep Celtic above the rest given their bigger budgets.

Can’t imagine csaba would be able to win league with Celtic either. It would be the same failings. But if that happened I’m sure it would be the celtic players fault and not csaba’s

We are throwing what money we have after bad. This Csaba decision could be the final breaking of United. I’m absolutely heartbroken about the whole thing and that we seem to be throwing away next season with same mistakes in key personnel, manager as cost us last time
    I totally agree.

Mistake after mistake we have to put up with.

Clearly our board don't learn from their mistakes.

Will we be playing one up front again and rotating the squad using the tombola machine?

That is when we get a squad.

the one up front pisses me off - not because it cant be forward but we just dont play a system, style or aggressively to make it work. The other way is to play like Barca and lets be honest thats no worked out well for us What would help is a fit keatings, fyvie and stanton all season. I also think if McMullan can find some consistency he can win games. We need some power and height all over the pitch.

I really will cry if Phil gets resigned

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    I totally agree.

Mistake after mistake we have to put up with.

Clearly our board don't learn from their mistakes.

Will we be playing one up front again and rotating the squad using the tombola machine?

That is when we get a squad.
    Depends on your definition of mistakes. You could definitely argue the board are not making the same mistake by not getting rid of yet another manager a few months into his tenure.

It’s not a few months. He’s been in charge for 31 matches and been terrible.

When you have made a mistake the earlier you can realise that the better.

Only 6 months.

I guess people's definition of a few can vary. 🙂 But half a year and just a January transfer window to get a side promoted? It's unrealistic for fans to expect better, especially when our best midfield got injured in that time. Remember, Stanton and Flood couldn't get a game then but ended up being the mainstay in that area of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I guess people's definition of a few can vary. �� But half a year and just a January transfer window to get a side promoted? It's unrealistic for fans to expect better, especially when our best midfield got injured in that time. Remember, Stanton and Flood couldn't get a game then but ended up being the mainstay in that area of the park.
    Stanton couldnt get a regular game because he was injured for most of the early weeks of the league. It wasnt until he got a rest for a few weeks that he made it back to become PotY! One of Rays failings was playing players through their injuries that in the end lost us Keatings. One thing i do give Shabba credit for is he got people sorted out rather than playing them through injuries.

Keatings fit again according to Tully.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I guess people's definition of a few can vary. 🙂 But half a year and just a January transfer window to get a side promoted? It's unrealistic for fans to expect better, especially when our best midfield got injured in that time. Remember, Stanton and Flood couldn't get a game then but ended up being the mainstay in that area of the park.
    Csaba himself said when he came in he would win the league.

He failed his own test

He has not apologised or even seemed to recognise that he failed what he promised

Added to that it has been obvious watching united that the team have not been consistently motivated or organised.

Add to that baffling decisions and poor substitutions

There is no need to wait any longer to decide on csaba the evidence is overwhelming

On topic. MM was unable to identify when asked any pedigree for csaba developing youth. His cv shows he is rarely anywhere for all that long

Overall we are making a major mistake persisting with a manager that was demonstrably bad last season

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Its McKinnon and Thompson who have failed us you do not need a good youth system to get out of the Championship you just need to sign the right players when you have the biggest budget in the league as we did.If you were to compare our budget v ST Mirren or Livingston it would be in comparison to Brendan Rodgers being a country mile behind Sevco and Aberdeen in 2nd place,FACT.
    It's easy to say you don't NEED youth coming through to win the Championship but it sure as he'll helps so I'm surprised you're so dismissive.
    Especially given as a club we need the income from player sales to balance the books.
    If we'd had 8 good hard working pros last season, guys desperate to prove themselves, plus 3 talented youngsters making their mark maybe we would have gone up.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)