+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: David Weatherson on his troubles in football

David Weatherson on his troubles in football

Thanks for posting JR , that’s a great article. It could of been easy writing it and the response on social media has been great. Just read some of the comments. Well done David

I'd say it's time for Scotland and especially the football industry to understand that boys / young men can have severe anxiety and are not made of 'rock' . This ' if you are a male, you can take any old crap' is an awful prehistoric view . Some of these guys are barely getting paid more than the average Joe and the jeers and catcalls made to individuals can sound worse in a 2,000 crowd compared to thousands more . Glad David has been honest and brought awareness to this.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 21-02-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I'd say it's time for Scotland and especially the football industry to understand that boys / young men can have severe anxiety and are not made of 'rock' . This ' if you are a male, you can take any old crap' is an awful prehistoric view . Some of these guys are barely getting paid more than the average Joe and the jeers and catcalls made to individuals can sound worse in a 2,000 crowd compared to thousands more . Glad David has been honest and brought awareness to this.
    In in his honest and frank admission Brannigan was defo the worst manager that David if he had known him before signing would have wanted to play for !

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Totally agree.

Let's hope this is taken on board for Saturday as I'm sure there will be some who can't wait to get 'stuck in' to Robinson and Clark.

If people really want to honour the memory of Chris Mitchell and the plight of others then they really should think before they act and treat players for the human beings they are, just like us.

Quote Originally Posted by nithvalley View Post
    Totally agree.

Let's hope this is taken on board for Saturday as I'm sure there will be some who can't wait to get 'stuck in' to Robinson and Clark.

If people really want to honour the memory of Chris Mitchell and the plight of others then they really should think before they act and treat players for the human beings they are, just like us.
    Well said and to give stick to ex players who gave their all for Queens is a disgrace however some of the abuse our younger players receive from our fans is even worse. These lads who are just starting on their careers should be encouraged and there was an example near me last Saturday when young Connor Murray was given a right mouthful barely a minute after coming on. Pathetic and imagine what that does to a young man's confidence when he will obviously be nervous and this comes from your own supporters. Let's get fully behind these young guys who are just starting off.

Was gutted to hear this yesterday but even more upset when i heard a radio interview with him where he said he felt at his worst when he was at Palmerston on the day he made his debut was the worst day of his life with senior key members of the squad giving him abuse for being to nervous

Having been a ****ager with mental health issues myself growing up in changing rooms of sports teams way other boys the (banter) can sometimes upset others and make u feel worse but when your there with older guys who have grown up in dressing rooms where if u showed emotion you were excilled it makes it hard for them to change as thats the way theve been brought up but thankfully its getting better now and its now easier to express your tue thoughts

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)