+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A few thoughts on last night.

Last season, due to a well organised, motivated team, building confidence week by week based on the results, SUFC were able to take command of the league and get promoted with magnificent style,flair and commitment, The players, individually, were as good as virtually all the others in that league.

This year the fresh, committed, attacking approach took the rest by surprise and the spirit and lack of fear saw us make great headway to the top. Then Coutts' injury and the rest of the league sussed us out.Losing a few would also knock confidence to a degree, something that was virtually unknown last season.

Players who, last year, had been at least the equal of their contemporaries, are coming up against a better quality of player, better organised, in better teams yet still we maintain a much better than anticipated league position.

CW has become more pragmatic, by necessity, we are still in a good position but we cannot expect the players and CW to work miracles as they come up against better players virtually every time they don the shirt.

Now, as we approch the business end of the season,the pressure and importance of each game counts for more for every team.

Hopefully we can make a meaningful challenge for the play offs but what the powers that be can't expect is that, without an injection of quality, CW can maintain the progress he has engineered over the last couple of years.

He's stepped up, the players have stepped up.

Will whoever owns us by the close season also step up?

theyve got to tt if chris had had a quarter of the budget carlos had at pigsbro he would take us up no doubt about it imo

Even a 1/4 of the money paid on Nogoals, £2.6 million, would be adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    i agree with you to a certain extent jj but lets get to the play offs by sensible management first then we can say f***k it lets go for it got a slight feeling chris might have been having a little dig with this boardroom battle in his post match interview saying people dont realise the quality of players were coming up against each week in the championship more or less saying were gonna have to spend more heavily if were to compete at this level
    I didn't hear it that way SOB, I thought the dig (if there was one) was directed at the fans irritation after they scored and until the final whistle.....you know they don't like it! I didn't think they would score again so I didn't panic unlike some

yeah could be right chips as i said after the start we made to the season expectation is so high at the lane these days still dont think our crowd get fully behind the team though especially when there is only 300 away fans at the other end our fans have always responded to a full and noisy away end

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    I didn't hear it that way SOB, I thought the dig (if there was one) was directed at the fans irritation after they scored and until the final whistle.....you know they don't like it! I didn't think they would score again so I didn't panic unlike some
    I wunt say i was panickin but i was defo worried we were gunna concede,we were gerrin over run time after time in the last 25mins but as the MESSIAH said we defended our box very well.UTCB

i think after the last 10 years or so our fans are so edgy as to what might happen weve had loads of things go against us so i think the anxiety is to be expected but i wish our crowd would get behind the team more like our away followings always do weve still got a lot of fans that moan at the slightest little thing that goes wrong i wish they would be as vocal in getting behind the team weve a manager who will get us to the premier league so lets get right behind the manager and lads till the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    i think after the last 10 years or so our fans are so edgy as to what might happen weve had loads of things go against us so i think the anxiety is to be expected but i wish our crowd would get behind the team more like our away followings always do weve still got a lot of fans that moan at the slightest little thing that goes wrong i wish they would be as vocal in getting behind the team weve a manager who will get us to the premier league so lets get right behind the manager and lads till the end of the season
    Totally agree SOB. But, some on the Kop don't think the support helps the team. If they don't back the team when our backs are to the wall them just one question, why are they there?

we sit on the kop and theres twice as many people just sit there like stooges as there are fans urging team on do think it was better on there when all fans that.wanted to sing and support team were congregated behind goal some times weve got 3 different chants going on from 3 different areas its just nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Totally agree SOB. But, some on the Kop don't think the support helps the team. If they don't back the team when our backs are to the wall them just one question, why are they there?
    Some fans just go to watch a game of footy mate,some like to look at their fones most of the game, each to their own tho.When i'm shoutin encouragement for the lads in't Library(Fam Stand) i get some r8 looks,what's up wi that silly owd chuff,type of look. I think atmosphere's at footy nowadays aint as good as it used to be,possibly cos of seatin,possibly cos it dunt mean as much anymore to your average fan as it used too.UTCB

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast