+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A few thoughts on last night.

A few thoughts on last night.

W showed flashes of what has taken us to the fringes of the play offs with some swift,decisive,uncomplicated attacking which yielded 1 goal and could easily have yielded another 3.
    JAM and the back 3 were outstanding. And they had to be.
    Billy played in every position bar in goal. He was the one who chased and closed down when we surrendered up to and after their goal.
    Oh how Wilder has changed his subs approach. Before Xmas he would have thrown on Brooks for a front player on 70 mins and gone for a 3rd to kill them off. Now he has 9 defensive minded players inc Jam on and settles for a rearguard action at home v QPR. Yes we got the win.

I said to my young un "I bet he takes Duffy off for Leonard and we'll be lucky to get a point as we'll have no threat going forward and will go route 1" Check

As we started looking like little boys chasing shadows before their goal I said what should be a 4-0 to boost the GD will end up a nailbiting backs to the wall 2-1 at best. Check.

Wilder has gone from 1 extreme to the other. Sure Im delighted at the result but there were a lot of concerns last night. Quite how a midfield 3 containing 2 defensive CM's can be overun for fun I have absolutely no idea but I don't think Evans and Lundstrum should play together. They don't know who is doing what and it was left to poor old Duffy to try and run the whole thing on his own which he eventually did with style after a mare first 30 mins.

Pack it in with the sad Norwich crap at the end. Pathetic and pointless. Especially the freekick where no-one was interested in going into the box or crossing it and maybe actually scoring but rather play daft timewasting t w ats and lose it straight away anyway.

Bash my MOM.
    Last edited by seanbeanstattoo; 21-02-2018 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    W showed flashes of what has taken us to the fringes of the play offs with some swift,decisive,uncomplicated attacking which yielded 1 goal and could easily have yielded another 3.
    Billy played in every position bar in goal. He was the one who chased and closed down when we surrendered up to and after their goal.
    Oh how Wilder has changed his subs approach. Before Xmas he would have thrown on Brooks for a front player on 70 mins and gone for a 3rd to kill them off. Now he has 9 defensive minded players inc Jam on and settles for a rearguard action at home v QPR. Yes we got the win.

I said to my young un "I bet he takes Duffy off for Leonard and we'll be lucky to get a point as we'll have no threat going forward and will go route 1" Check

As we started looking like little boys chasing shadows before their goal I said what should be a 4-0 to boost the GD will end up a nailbiting backs to the wall 2-1 at best. Check.

Wilder has gone from 1 extreme to the other. Sure Im delighted at the result but there were a lot of concerns last night. Quite how a midfield 3 containing 2 defensive CM's can be overun for fun I have absolutely no idea but I don't think Evans and Lundstrum should play together. They don't know who is doing what and it was left to poor old Duffy to try and run the whole thing on his own which he eventually did with style after a mare first 30 mins.

Pack it in with the sad Norwich crap at the end. Pathetic and pointless. Especially the freekick where no-one was interested in going into the box or crossing it and maybe actually scoring but rather play daft timewasting t w ats and lose it straight away anyway.

Bash my MOM.
    I thought we played well for 60mins or so but my word our game management after that was poor.I thought Billy ran his socks off and wasn't pleased when he was hooked but he did look knackered.I tek your point re;subs mate but i thought it was a good move to bring Leonard on(suprised he dint start)a couple of times Enda had 3 to mark darn his side in't 2nd half so i could also see why he brought Lafferty on.I recall some givin the MESSIAH abit of hammer for goin "for it" against Fulham,so it seems to me he's damned if he does damned if he dunt,but it was a ***** 3points and moves us within a point of the play offs.On to Hull on Friday and hopefully more points.UTCB

As Sir Tufty said, he'd rather have pats on the back for winning ugly rather than losing after playing well. He like most of the Blades is on a learning curve. This is nothing like the Championship we left a few seasons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post

Bash my MOM.
    I was mumbling much the same as you,Fleck will make sure Evans and Lundstram dont play together again.

Hated the last 30 mins of the game.

Leon was my man of the match,the lad deserved the adulation of the Kop.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    I was mumbling much the same as you,Fleck will make sure Evans and Lundstram dont play together again.

Hated the last 30 mins of the game.

Leon was my man of the match,the lad deserved the adulation of the Kop.
    Agree with this. I thought Evans and Lunny did pretty well in the first half but got completey overrun after our second goal.
    Agree with Chippy (and CW) about Leon - great effort!

Lundstram MoM for me. Ran his socks off and should have scored at least one more.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I thought we played well for 60mins or so but my word our game management after that was poor.I thought Billy ran his socks off and wasn't pleased when he was hooked but he did look knackered.I tek your point re;subs mate but i thought it was a good move to bring Leonard on(suprised he dint start)a couple of times Enda had 3 to mark darn his side in't 2nd half so i could also see why he brought Lafferty on.I recall some givin the MESSIAH abit of hammer for goin "for it" against Fulham,so it seems to me he's damned if he does damned if he dunt,but it was a ***** 3points and moves us within a point of the play offs.On to Hull on Friday and hopefully more points.UTCB

Tbh Rod, most of the players looked fked after 60 mins

I don't know if Olly stuck another player into midfield but we were over run in midfield time and time again.

Coutts and Fleck both missing sees us not playing with the same fluidity we once did with both those two in the side

Luke Freeman gets better every time I see him play

Happy with the result. Last night shows we can win ugly

If we can get the right result at Hull Friday night I'll be well happy

I’m with Wilder on this, it’s all about getting a positive result for me in the run in. I’m not interested in hearing how unlucky we were and have other fans praise us after we’ve gifted them the winner. I’d sooner them tell us what a set of jammy gits we are rather than drop points.

And now onto Madkins and Cluff. This could be an interesting few days. Both will be desperate to get one over us and Burton in particular are no mugs on the road. UTB

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I’m with Wilder on this, it’s all about getting a positive result for me in the run in. I’m not interested in hearing how unlucky we were and have other fans praise us after we’ve gifted them the winner. I’d sooner them tell us what a set of jammy gits we are rather than drop points.

And now onto Madkins and Cluff. This could be an interesting few days. Both will be desperate to get one over us and Burton in particular are no mugs on the road. UTB
    I'm with both you and Christopher on this

Should have made changes around the 60min mark when we were coasting, rather than waiting until 2-1 and them on top.

Thought CW got his timing of subs wrong last night.

But hey we won....main thing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast