+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Norwich Matchday Thread

We need another goal...and soon!

Afobe limping and weve used all subs.

now Derby 1 - Leeds 2

Skin of the teeth stuff! This is bull crap!!

Oh dear.

Norwich have equalised in the dying seconds..... somehow knew that was going to happen....FT..2-2

During this game we had 10 shots at goal but only three on target....can we really afford to be that wasteful ?
    Last edited by GrizzledWolf; 21-02-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Last kick of the bloody game! Still, could smell it coming.

Got to pick it up now for Fulham.

Ruddy should have done better there.

I suppose in a week when Rochdale hold Spurs, Wigan beat Man City, and Norwich get a last gasp equaliser at Ipswich, last nights result should come as no surprise.

I thought the game against QPR was a game of two halfs, well last night it certainly was. I watched the Ipswich/ Norwich game and this certainly wasn't the same Norwich side. Teams are doing what we used to do in our short time in the Prem, raise their game, and Norwich certainly did that. Maddison, reported to be a transfer target for us, does look a very good player, and it was from his wipped in free kick that the visitors managed to get a toe back into the game.

We had looked dangerous and comfortable in the first half and should have gone in to the break at least three goals to the good. However, the comfortable team suddenly looked anything but. Neves chased an attacking player some forty yards , forcing him into the corner before an inocent looking challenge resulted in the free kick that opened their score. Neves was unfortunate in my opinion to get his yellow as it looked as if he won a ball on the half way line only for the Ipswich player to fall on him, causing the referee to administer a card that leads to a two game ban.

Gibbs- White had entered the fray and started to cause problems with his trickery, what a player this lad looks, I hope he gets his chance while Neves is out. On one occasion he twisted and turned players inside out as he waltzed into the area and with near 29,000 Wolves fans sreaming for him to shoot he eventually was crowded out.

Norwich were pressing, but never really looked like scoring, while we depended on rapid breaks into their half. Jota almos repeated Gibbs- White with a twisting turning break into the box, but again a shot was not the end product. As we went into three minutes injury time Morgan G-W broke clear with the ball and took it into their corner but lack of support saw him crowded out and the ball was sent in the direction of the Wolves goal. With the crowd baying for the final whistle, a speculative shot from around thirty five yards, suddenly nestled into the home net. It was greeted by a shocked silence from the home fans and long journey back to East Anglia suddenly became better.

Norwich deserved their point, because of their second half display, but you have to pose the question, why are they hovering around the bottom half of the table?

Let us hope that the two dropped points do not come back to haunt us. We are missing too many chances at the moment and we need to rediscover our ruthless streak. The lads looked distraught at the final whistle which was blown as soon as the game was restarted.

Fullham live on SKY, now has suddenly become a must win game to keep the chasing pack at arms length.
    Last edited by abbobrom; 22-02-2018 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    I suppose in a week when Rochdale hold Spurs, Wigan beat Man City, and Norwich get a last gasp equaliser at Ipswich, last nights result should come as no surprise.

I thought the game against QPR was a game of two halfs, well last night it certainly was. I watched the Ipswich/ Norwich game and this certainly wasn't the same Norwich side. Teams are doing what we used to do in our short time in the Prem, raise their game, and Norwich certainly did that. Maddison, reported to be a transfer target for us, does look a very good player, and it was from his wipped in free kick that the visitors managed to get a toe back into the game.

We had looked dangerous and comfortable in the first half and should have gone in to the break at least three goals to the good. However, the comfortable team suddenly looked anything but. Neves chased an attacking player some forty yards , forcing him into the corner before an inocent looking challenge resulted in the free kick that opened their score. Neves was unfortunate in my opinion to get his yellow as it looked as if he won a ball on the half way line only for the Ipswich player to fall on him, causing the referee to administer a card that leads to a two game ban.

Gibbs- White had entered the fray and started to cause problems with his trickery, what a player this lad looks, I hope he gets his chance while Neves is out. On one occasion he twisted and turned players inside out as he waltzed into the area and with near 29,000 Wolves fans sreaming for him to shoot he eventually was crowded out.

Norwich were pressing, but never really looked like scoring, while we depended on rapid breaks into their half. Jota almos repeated Gibbs- White with a twisting turning break into the box, but again a shot was not the end product. As we went into three minutes injury time Morgan G-W broke clear with the ball and took it into their corner but lack of support saw him crowded out and the ball was sent in the direction of the Wolves goal. With the crowd baying for the final whistle, a speculative shot from around thirty five yards, suddenly nestled into the home net. It was greeted by a shocked silence from the home fans and long journey back to East Anglia suddenly became better.

Norwich deserved their point, because of their second half display, but you have to pose the question, why are they hovering around the bottom half of the table?

Let us hope that the two dropped points do not come back to haunt us. We are missing too many chances at the moment and we need to rediscover our ruthless streak. The lads looked distraught at the final whistle which was blown as soon as the game was restarted.

Fullham live on SKY, now has suddenly become a must win game to keep the chasing pack at arms length.
    That about sums it up.

Morgan Gibbs-White is a great prospect, a bit like Enobakhare he's great at running at people but in front of goal his decision making isn't quite there yet... I thought that on both occasions that he ran into the Norwich box he should have passed the ball, to Jota and Afobe who were both in goalscoring positions, he passed it belatedly to Afobe when his own chance of shooting had gone but that was to late... If we had scored from either of those oppurtunities it would have been game over... That would however have been harsh on Norwich who deserved their point. I thought before the Preston game that I'd settle for 5 points from the next three games, I'll be well chuffed if we acheive that now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)