+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wolves v Norwich Matchday Thread

Norwich last night looked a totally different side to the one that Wolves beat earlier in the season. One thing the visitors did that hasn't happened too often this season is prevent John Ruddy from releasing the ball for Wolves to play out from the back.

Even though Wolves went a couple of goals in front, Norwich never gave Wolves that much time on the ball, stopping the supply to the wing backs and in turn Wolves going forward.. Many in years gone by have said that 2-0 is a dangerous scoreline, and again last night it proved to be right. Our defending yet again for the first Norwich goal was static, again down to Zonal marking.

It's interesting to know now that Helder Costa was withdrawn at half-time for tactical reasons. I do think now losing Costa and also Cavaleiro meant that Wolves lost a lot of their shape and got deeper and deeper in the second half. One big plus again was Morgan Gibbs-White, he doesn't look out place in this Wolves side. His only fault really was his decision making in the penalty, one occasion where he hesitated and could have square the ball to Jota, but these things happen.

I wasn't happy with how much time and space Oliveira was given, and Ruddy didn't cover himself with glory for the second goal, but over the season so far Ruddy has made many important saves.

It seemed like two points dropped, but it also means we're thir**** clear of third place. I would've taken that at the start of the season!

Many thanks to Abbo', Norton and Gav' for the excellent post-match comments and highlights. I was not surprised that others shared my concern for our recent inability to better advantage the scoring chances that come our way. Whilst I take nothing from the Norwich performance, we should have put that game to bed long before the final whistle. Let's hope we can come back in style at Fulham.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)