+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Play Offs - You're having a laugh

Things aren't going wrong behind the scenes (I don't think so anyway)apart from the possibility of disagreement between the squad/KN about formation, individual tactical behaviour and effort (?). What bugs me is this talk about being satisfied with where we are in the division. There were five months before the end of the year to see that we were onto a good run, five months!!! Five months to prepare for the January window. We knew at the end of last season were we needed to strengthen but we managed to got away with it, it must have been obvious we couldn't squeeze a full season out of the weak positions. If we let this season slip away into a 10t/11th position someone needs their arse kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Things aren't going wrong behind the scenes (I don't think so anyway)apart from the possibility of disagreement between the squad/KN about formation, individual tactical behaviour and effort (?). What bugs me is this talk about being satisfied with where we are in the division. There were five months before the end of the year to see that we were onto a good run, five months!!! Five months to prepare for the January window. We knew at the end of last season were we needed to strengthen but we managed to got away with it, it must have been obvious we couldn't squeeze a full season out of the weak positions. If we let this season slip away into a 10t/11th position someone needs their arse kicking.
    Disagreements between players & management is behind the scenes in my book.Something has gone off for Nolan to give out in the press about players not listening to his instructions.It could be as simple as the players not happy playing 451.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Disagreements between players & management is behind the scenes in my book.Something has gone off for Nolan to give out in the press about players not listening to his instructions.It could be as simple as the players not happy playing 451.
    Well Nolan says we don't play 4-5-1, but if I were one of five midfielders having to try to find a good pass to a solo striker I would think "This sure looks like 4-5-1 to me", and if I were that striker finding myself all alone up front as the only one there in black and white stripes, and being jumped on by two great hairy defenders every time the ball fell out of the sky towards me I think the novelty would soon wear off. Very soon I would think to myself "This certainly looks like 4-5-1 to me".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234