+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Play Offs - You're having a laugh

Play Offs - You're having a laugh

Mid table at best, my best guess is 12th.

We had the chance to invest in January and failed to do so. We needed strikers not midfielders and defenders.

One last minute injury crock on loan from Derby didn't cut the mustard. What happened to doing our business early like the Manager said?

Mr Hardy you are going to regret this and next seasons going to be just as hard to get out this league.

The honeymoon period is over for the spin dr.Fecked up big time in Jan with all the spin about players & agents ringing him.Lets see how he handles this spell now on his twitter.Signs that he can't handle criticism.Had the chance in the window to really push on & get out this division,could come back to haunt him next season.He let the cup run take over & his obsession with getting a big draw.
    Sommat is not right at the club at the minute,maybe KN, the players,AH, tactics?.The cart is rocking for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    The honeymoon period is over for the spin dr.Fecked up big time in Jan with all the spin about players & agents ringing him.Lets see how he handles this spell now on his twitter.Signs that he can't handle criticism.Had the chance in the window to really push on & get out this division,could come back to haunt him next season.He let the cup run take over & his obsession with getting a big draw.
    Sommat is not right at the club at the minute,maybe KN, the players,AH, tactics?.The cart is rocking for a reason.
    It's been said many times now, irishpete. All these players who were approached in the early season, all queueing up to join the Mighty Magpies - where are they now? Should we not have had our pick of the best?

Nolan continually repeating that he's satisfied with what he's already got (really?) is starting to ring a bit hollow now, we fans see what we can see and few are satisfied. Three out of four games that we should be winning turn into a one-sided shambles with no points return. In January the day to day increasing anticipation of a proven striker slowly led to disbelief as we signed several midfielders more than was necessary, one defender and one supposedly good striker with no plan B, such as, what happens if that striker gets injured? That striker may have come good but we'll never know now will we? No, so it's back to plan A, or to put it another way, hoof it up to"Lone Wolf" Stead and cross your fingers 'cos no one will expect us to do what we always do.
    Last edited by LaxtonLad; 21-02-2018 at 09:48 AM.

If we was told we would be 10-12th at the start I think most fans would see that as respectable progress.

Nobody has the right to be promoted you have to earn it over 46 games (49 if in the play offs) what concerns me is Nolan is picking up the same habits as Curle 4-5-1 when it clearly does not work he is a very stubborn man and obviously has confidence in his ability but this can also be a weakness the two games against Exeter and Crawley were a complete disaster results wise and everything has gone wrong after those games.

I thought 5-6 weeks ago if we fall apart we are still a strong bet for the play offs with the points cushion we had now if teams below us win a few games we are going to be sucked into 9-10th position which makes it very hard for us to recover.

I have read on social media people saying finish 10th and build again yes thats the positive spin but everyone else will be thinking the same for example Cambridge finished 9th & 11th last two seasons that didnt stop them sacking Derry as they thought 15th is not good enough, also not on our side is we have lots of ageing players and 3 youngsters in Bird, Saunders & Hodge who are a waste of a contract its a Notts disease sign these types EVERY season but never play them !!

Just for a confidence point of view we need to win Saturday and hope some of the others below us lose to give us some breathing space.

Still think we'll get automatic promotion. Eternal optimist.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Still think we'll get automatic promotion. Eternal optimist.
    I'm an optimist too and think nearly everything is achievable. But you have to take actions to make things happen, looking on the bright side alone will not be enough. Not you, obviously, but AH. Telling us how good we are is not the same as being good.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

I have read on social media people saying finish 10th and build again yes thats the positive spin....
    I think it is a defeatist, negative spin. How many times have we had rebuild/consolidate rolled out? Why rebuild next season when, from such a strong position, we could have pulled out the stops in January and got next seasons rebuild underway early and when they were needed most. A lack of dosh?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I think it is a defeatist, negative spin. How many times have we had rebuild/consolidate rolled out? Why rebuild next season when, from such a strong position, we could have pulled out the stops in January and got next seasons rebuild underway early and when they were needed most. A lack of dosh?
    I guess from the start of the season that would have been acceptable after last season, i'm with you though as no two seasons are ever the same.

You can finish 20th one season and be challenging for promotion the next as the gap between top and bottom is not that big put it this way if we finish 10-12th I won't see it as a good season my outlook is it is a missed opportunity to get out of this awful league.

i actually think Kevin Nolan and AH have miscalculated. I Think they may have believed they had enough to get promoted, and thought they would get better value and better players having been promoted now the summer.

Obviously the pickings are slim in January, mason Bennett looked a good addition but we obviously needed one more striker, I don’t understand his dislike for Forte. Surely better to play him than change formation.

But my major concern is that Kevin Nolan keeps trying this 4-5-1 formation which I thought had been banished after its abysmal win/loss ratio.

Like another poster said on a different thread I’d like to see 5-3-2 if we do change formation, it suits many of our personnel and im sure big Sam utilised it so surely Kevin Nolan isn’t foreign to such a formation.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Mid table at best, my best guess is 12th.

We had the chance to invest in January and failed to do so. We needed strikers not midfielders and defenders.

One last minute injury crock on loan from Derby didn't cut the mustard. What happened to doing our business early like the Manager said?

Mr Hardy you are going to regret this and next seasons going to be just as hard to get out this league.
    I feel loads better knowing JonnyT has predicted we won’t make the playoffs. It’s now a nailed on cert we will. COYP

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast