+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bar Facilities NYS

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    At Millmoor there was a suppoters club, next to the Railway end near the tea bar, my father was one of the original people who set up the supporters club at Rotherham United, while working on a match day in the supporters club selling tickets.
    Just after kick off he would walk from the club, behind the touch line & go into the terracing by the players entrance, I still have a picture of my dad holding the first ever enlarged Mayday prize cheque.
    There were good die-hards for the club, in setting the supporters club up, with my father, Big Ron, Charlie Smelt & many more, the Millers were in their heart.
    Nice story. I took my lad to it once when he was very young.

Lindley's manager at the NYS was Lee Taylor from Mexborough, he is a big mate of one of my son's, Lee also managed Sheffield Wednesday & Celtic for the Lindley group, but when the Owls dropped on a home match same has the Millers, Lee was always at Hillsborough, & another bloke took over at the NYS.Lee got me a Football with all the Millers players signatures a few years ago, in a promotion year with Steve Evans, a nice present for taking him & my son to Donny airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Lindley's manager at the NYS was Lee Taylor from Mexborough, he is a big mate of one of my son's, Lee also managed Sheffield Wednesday & Celtic for the Lindley group, but when the Owls dropped on a home match same has the Millers, Lee was always at Hillsborough, & another bloke took over at the NYS.Lee got me a Football with all the Millers players signatures a few years ago, in a promotion year with Steve Evans, a nice present for taking him & my son to Donny airport.
    As you know him could you ask if we can have a decent bitter instead of the moose piss called John Smiths and a decent Lager (for the whimps) to replace Fosters which is an Australian word originating from the aborigines meaning kangaroo piss. Having said that they would have to train the living dead behind the bar how to pull a pint.

It would also relieve queuing at the existing food bar, which tbh do look like an after thought in the stadium. UTFM!!

Office@rotherhamunited.net

If you all complain (them that are not happy) by e-mail then they might eventually do something about the food/alcohol bar.

I’ve already started going in later than normal and don’t even bother at HT to queue

Linleys pay us 1.6 million a year they set the prices and take a massive cut on all food so of course they want there money back . Prices are very high compared to all lg 1 clubs 20%/30 higher in most cases . Take a sausage roll £2.00 quid most places £2.80 here .Soft drinks are heavily hiked up as well . Personally can we afford to lose a guaranteed 1.6 million and risk going it on our own with buying stuff in and selling it.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Linleys pay us 1.6 million a year they set the prices and take a massive cut on all food so of course they want there money back . Prices are very high compared to all lg 1 clubs 20%/30 higher in most cases . Take a sausage roll £2.00 quid most places £2.80 here .Soft drinks are heavily hiked up as well . Personally can we afford to lose a guaranteed 1.6 million and risk going it on our own with buying stuff in and selling it.
    Apologies, I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of catering or the business world for that matter, why do they pay us 1.6 million? Surely it should be us paying them to use their services/staff/food etc? Genuinely curious

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post
    Apologies, I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of catering or the business world for that matter, why do they pay us 1.6 million? Surely it should be us paying them to use their services/staff/food etc? Genuinely curious
    They pay us because we are selling there food they take a massive profit from all sales and hospitality . Its basically like saying i have 5000 pies to sell i will give you x amount to sell them up front but i want 90% of ever sale hence the high prices. i think the deal was made public . i will look for it.

https://www.thecaterer.com/articles/...rham-united-fc

6.1 over 5 years so it runs out this season maybe? so a bet less than 1.6 a season got my figures twisted there.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    https://www.thecaterer.com/articles/...rham-united-fc

6.1 over 5 years so it runs out this season maybe? so a bet less than 1.6 a season got my figures twisted there.
    Thanks for this Poker, I never knew this was how it was run I just presumed we pay them and take a percentage of the sales

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast