+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bar Facilities NYS

Bar Facilities NYS

Earlier this year I visited Oakwell and went in the Supporters club bar (Neil Redfearn Bar)with a friend.Beer was £2-50 pint for Acorn Blonde and same for lager .Percy Turner pies for a quid .It was warm,plenty of seating with big screen replays and raffles for players memorabilia.
    Why cant we have a supporters club bar at the NYS run by volunteers to work alongside our current refreshment facilities which are quite basic and are quite poor being next to the bogs and theres always someone bumping into you .
    I guess RUFC franchise out the facilities but I'm sure a bar for season ticket holders would be self sufficient and a more enjoyable environment than being stood by the bogs which smell of cigarette smoke and piss paying too much for beer and food - if the club want you to spend more money on refreshments and would like us to stay for a beer after the match they need to make it a pleasant experience .

Think someone mentioned it would take trade away from the town centre pubs so not sure the council would grant a license

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Earlier this year I visited Oakwell and went in the Supporters club bar (Neil Redfearn Bar)with a friend.Beer was £2-50 pint for Acorn Blonde and same for lager .Percy Turner pies for a quid .It was warm,plenty of seating with big screen replays and raffles for players memorabilia.
    Why cant we have a supporters club bar at the NYS run by volunteers to work alongside our current refreshment facilities which are quite basic and are quite poor being next to the bogs and theres always someone bumping into you .
    I guess RUFC franchise out the facilities but I'm sure a bar for season ticket holders would be self sufficient and a more enjoyable environment than being stood by the bogs which smell of cigarette smoke and piss paying too much for beer and food - if the club want you to spend more money on refreshments and would like us to stay for a beer after the match they need to make it a pleasant experience .
    Totally agree. It would beat having to scrum for a pint in the pubs or drink weasel p1ss at the ground

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Brilliant idea email Steve Coakley at the club and ask him for his views on this.

Ask him if they could use one of the larger empty spaces as the goal zone area for kids too. Would be better than the out of the way up 4 flights of stairs cramped up room with 1 table tennis table 1 xbox 1 activity wall and a tiny kick about area, which if you get more than half a dozen kids in your stood about ages waiting for something to become available. Could serve pop, crisps, sweets and bottled alcohol for the adults if allowed. UTM

email sent to Steve - I ill publish his reply guys !

The catering is contracted to Centreplate, formerly the Lindley group.

It is highly unlikely that the club would be able to create, or allow, competition within the stadium.

Whilst that contract exists I guess we are stuck with what we've got which, I agree, could be much better.

Things may change , although the club has renewed the contract at least once since the stadium opened, so they appear to be happy with the set-up.
    Last edited by wrinkly; 21-02-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    The catering is contracted to Centreplate, formerly the Lindley group.

It is highly unlikely that the club would be able to create, or allow, competition within the stadium.

Whilst that contract exists I guess we are stuck with what we've got which, I agree could be much better.

Things may change , although the club has renewed the contract at least once since the stadium opened, so they appear to be happy with the set-ip.
    You're probably right Wrinkly, the biggest problem is that the service hasnt really improved at NYS. There can be four people service one person as slow as they can which is off putting.

Lessons dont ever seem to be learned though, I dont bother now

I'm still waiting for my gigantic pre-match pizza (just over a minute in) and all the stylish smart-casual folk to turn up

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I'm still waiting for my gigantic pre-match pizza (just over a minute in) and all the stylish smart-casual folk to turn up

I’m still waiting for the magical lighting show we were promised and a loudspeaker system you can actually hear in the East Stand.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast