+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bar Facilities NYS

Whilst Lindleys have the contract at NYS we will not see a bar/pub anywhere within the grounds of NYS.

I don't even see what they bring to us: under-trained staff, overpriced and don't even get me started on the pints they have on draught; one week they taste fine the other they taste like cat p1ss, either drink that or take out a small loan to get a round of bottled drinks in. A very poorly run agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post
    Whilst Lindleys have the contract at NYS we will not see a bar/pub anywhere within the grounds of NYS.

I don't even see what they bring to us: under-trained staff, overpriced and don't even get me started on the pints they have on draught; one week they taste fine the other they taste like cat p1ss, either drink that or take out a small loan to get a round of bottled drinks in. A very poorly run agreement.

Spot on, I’ve complained to their manager at the ground (don’t think he works there now) E-mailed club but probably wasted my time.

Not to worry though I’ll just go elsewhere and get to ground just before KO

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Agree though it depends who's pulling the strings. I think Rotherham council have a big say in what rufc can and can't do.
    Personally I can't see why we shouldn't have a fans bar. I wouldn't use it but loads of folk would. How profitable it would be I'm not sure
    The Barnsley Bar is non-profit. 50% of the money goes to the Academy and all profits to local charities.
    Holds 150 customers on a one in, one out policy

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    The Barnsley Bar is non-profit. 50% of the money goes to the Academy and all profits to local charities.
    Holds 150 customers on a one in, one out policy
    What a brilliant idea, I would actually much prefer that- a selling point to get customers in too

Response from RUFC below - which in a nutshell is a NO.They want a 7 day option on the unit and it would entail great deal of investment- there must be a glut of pub furniture with so many pubs closing every week. So you wont see me spending time or money in our current facility unless I'm calling for p**s .
    "Thanks for your e-mail.
    Utilising one of the currently vacant corner units for a further enhancement to our catering provision is something that we’re contumely monitoring and have looked at several potential solutions, all of which require a significant amount of capital expenditure, some more so than others depending on the final usage. In an ideal world it would be a seven day a week operation rather than a purely matchday facility to get maximum value, both in financial and in usage terms.
    Whilst we’ve obviously always been very keen to look to progress with such a project we have to ensure that it has long term financial viability.
    We continually look at improvements throughout the stadium and this is an area that comes without exception.
    Please be rest assured that this is a potential project that is always on the table and, as mentioned, we constantly all visit opportunities as and when they are discovered.
    Once again, thank you for your e-mail and enjoy the rest of, what promises to be, an exciting end to the current 2017/2018 campaign.
    Kind regards,
    Steve Coakley
    Commercial Director

Id rather buy someone else a pint in a pub rather than be ripped off in the concourse after that explanation...I thought the whole idea of football was to get fans in, not out...its still got that "you ought to be gratefull we're letting you come " feel to it sometimes...especially with the big brother stewarding approach...

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    Id rather buy someone else a pint in a pub rather than be ripped off in the concourse after that explanation...I thought the whole idea of football was to get fans in, not out...its still got that "you ought to be gratefull we're letting you come " feel to it sometimes...especially with the big brother stewarding approach...
    The stewards at NYS are something else. I have never come across such an arrogant self-entitled set of stewards at any other club, most of them just let you get on with it in the concourse. Ours get giddy over a crisp packet flying about, they are one of the worst things about this club. They act like we're all criminals and up to no good.

The stewards at NYS are something else. I have never come across such an arrogant self-entitled set of stewards at any other club, most of them just let you get on with it in the concourse. Ours get giddy over a crisp packet flying about, they are one of the worst things about this club. They act like we're all criminals and up to no good.
    Yes I’ve noticed a few (not all) there’s one in WS that talks a load of bollox.

Agree about away stewards, might get odd one or two but they’ve always been easy to approach and welcoming, know how to have a laugh

They're crap everywhere, guess they're the cheapest.

Overpriced as well as you say, pies should be no more than £3 IMO.

At Millmoor there was a suppoters club, next to the Railway end near the tea bar, my father was one of the original people who set up the supporters club at Rotherham United, while working on a match day in the supporters club selling tickets.
    Just after kick off he would walk from the club, behind the touch line & go into the terracing by the players entrance, I still have a picture of my dad holding the first ever enlarged Mayday prize cheque.
    There were good die-hards for the club, in setting the supporters club up, with my father, Big Ron, Charlie Smelt & many more, the Millers were in their heart.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast