+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bar Facilities NYS

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    You're wasting your time tony.....Economics....
    The problem is Casper that if we bin off Centreplate/Lindleys we have to find that money elsewhere or reduce our budget, its that simple. The reason why football clubs use companies such as Centreplate is because they offer the best del for the club financially. Add to that the fact that pubs/clubs are closing all over the place due to a change in drinking habits and it simply isn't a goer.
    Bin off Centreplate, pay £5 more on the gate, £100 more per season ticket or have a less competitive team on the pitch, no thanks.

Yes I understand all that tony, unfortunately quite a lot of fans don't.

U.T.M.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    The facts are that the catering contract provides a sizeable portion of the club's budget and the club have indicated that they cannot make such a sum in-house. Whilst I would love to see a supporters bar, I simply cannot see how it could possibly be profitable. Ask yourself how many hostelries are closing down in this area and others even though they have a seven day use. A site that could only be used 23-30 times per year would have no chance of success.
    I don't disagree with any of that Tony. A supporters' bar may not be practical (though other clubs seem to manage it) but there is no reason for the club not to hold Centreplate/Lindleys feet to the fire a little more than they appear to do. These are valuable contracts for third party suppliers and I imagine there is some competition to secure them. I don't sense that we exploit the advantage we have enough when we set these contracts up and consider renewing them.

I go fairly regularly to baseball matches in Oakland and San Francisco and, while the F and B prices are pretty horrendous (compared to street prices) for food and drink, the whole concept of service and general ambience is much better than my experience at NYS
    Last edited by CTMilller; 24-02-2018 at 03:21 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456