+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Split Fixtures

Post Split Fixtures

Its a little while away, but there already there looks to be an issue :

BBC :

The SPFL faces a post-split fixture headache if the top six remains the same. Rangers will have played all five of their rivals in the top half of the Premiership twice at Ibrox this season. Graeme Murty's side will be due two home games after the split, which could force two teams to make a third trip to Ibrox.

Anyone want to place bets on us making our 3rd trip to Ibrox this season?

It shouldn't occur that way.
    We both were top 6 last year, so they would have anticipated that so we should be at home.

Hibs and Kilmarnock are the two teams who are breaking into the top 6 and likelyhood is that they should be considered to make the additional trips.

Makes a farce of the league this split though

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It shouldn't occur that way.
    We both were top 6 last year, so they would have anticipated that so we should be at home.

Hibs and Kilmarnock are the two teams who are breaking into the top 6 and likelyhood is that they should be considered to make the additional trips.

Makes a farce of the league this split though
    The split is a f@cking farce full stop

One of my pet hates with the split is the 6th/7th position. Like last year Ross county finish with 4 points more than Partick.
    Ross county can't move above Partick. I understand that Partick had the more difficult of the post split fixtures, but it just looks stupid when you look at the final league table, makes it look like a printing error.

I might be wrong, but was there not a season where we had three trips to parkhead and had the old huns at pittodrie 3 times?

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO_86 View Post
    I might be wrong, but was there not a season where we had three trips to parkhead and had the old huns at pittodrie 3 times?
    I think your right and the old sfa argument is that you have 4 arse cheek home games, be it a 2-2 split or a 3-1 split.

That said, I recall there was one year where a team was moaning about an imbalance, but that may have been pre-split.

Yup, just checked it oot.

Season 04/05 calderwoods first season. We had old huns at home first game of season finished 0-0. actually played them at pittodrie four times that season, they dumped us oot the league cup as well. Celtic away 3 times , at least we managed to beat them the first game Pasquinelli !!!

Well what a surprise, the SPFL helping out Sevco. Who would have thought it. The game in this country really is bent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Well what a surprise, the SPFL helping out Sevco. Who would have thought it. The game in this country really is bent.

Totally agree... But guess what, SFA know you will keep going no matter how obvious it is. Until supporters change, the game will continue in this awful rigged manner.

I also think its tuff. They should just have to play away from home, simple

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    As much as I think SEVCO are utter scum, are you suggesting SEVCO have 5 away games post split & 2 more away games than home games?
    It’s the vagaries of a silly system where they “seed” the league as to who they think will be top 6
    If teams get in the top 6 that aren’t expected to (or “seeded” to) such as Killie, then the whole thing goes t1ts up.
    What WOULD be Masonic chicanery would be if we were made to go to the B@stard Garden 3 times if we’re still neck & neck for 2nd.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast