+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Donny Rovers

I dislike Mansfield more than I do Bradford.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I don't think that I know a Doncaster Rovers fan. I met a guy from Doncaster over here but he supports Manchester United and his wife although is English wore a Scotland shirt when I invited them to have a beer with us whilst watching the last international. I now don't consider either of them to be noram as he doesn't drink but she's a complete nutter.

Nope I wouldn't consider them as rivals in the same way I do the other local teams.

In order of the local teams I like to beat mostestist.
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Sheffield United
    Barnsley
    Chesterfield
    Doncaster
    I'd even add Leeds before Doncaster- but that's just because they still think they're the champions of Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post
    I'd even add Leeds before Doncaster- but that's just because they still think they're the champions of Europe
    Leeds are just laughable. I have nothing really against them apart from pity

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I don't think that I know a Doncaster Rovers fan. I met a guy from Doncaster over here but he supports Manchester United and his wife although is English wore a Scotland shirt when I invited them to have a beer with us whilst watching the last international. I now don't consider either of them to be noram as he doesn't drink but she's a complete nutter.

Nope I wouldn't consider them as rivals in the same way I do the other local teams.

In order of the local teams I like to beat mostestist.
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Sheffield United
    Barnsley
    Chesterfield
    Doncaster
    Similar to my list Frog
    Toss up between Barnsley and Chesterfield for me though.
    I would probably put Barnsley higher because they are a bigger scalp.
    However - I worked in Barnsley for a few years I really enjoyed it and have some good mates who are Barnsley fans.
    On the other hand the missus is from Chesterfield and I have to mingle with some of her Chessie supporting family whenever they have a hoe down (you can get sick of hearing duelling banjoes). They really don't like us and still revel in the fact that they got Ronnie the sack.
    So Chesterfield is the better win for me.
    I also worked in Doncaster for a few years. Didn't really like it but hardly met anyone confessing to be a Donny fan.

Remember Wrinkly that even if folk sit on bails of grass and have spittoons they're still human.

I see them as our annoying little brother.
    Funnily enough that's how Wednesday fans see us.

To be honest I put blades & owls neck and neck of who I'd like to beat..
    Then I'd put Donny and Chesterfield next mainly because they are like an annoying wart on ya arse.
    As for Barnsley I don't have a problem with Barnsley at all..I married a dingle and the good folk of Barnsley are just that in my eyes.
    Don't get me wrong I love it when we beat them...but I do like beating Leeds and Bradford etc.

I now don't consider either of them to be noram as he doesn't drink but she's a complete nutter.
    He doesnt drink? what a feckin weirdo..!

I don't hate Doncaster or Sheffield united but Wednesday yes with a passion . I have seen Rotherham play Doncaster and Chesterfield more than probably any other local club .Its 11 miles to Doncaster from Swinton i play poker in Doncaster in 2 leagues 2 of my poker mates will be in the away end Saturday .A bit of banter but nothing really they know we are a better club this season like they where a few seasons ago when they where in the championship .I actually see Bradford as more as a rival than Doncaster atm. 3 points and 7 on the bounce matters more. Maybe with a slight added spice because after all it is a derby.

Top hated clubs Man united for personal reasons Mk Dons is obvious

Wednesday
    Chesterfield
    Bradford
    Mk dons
    Man United
    Doncaster
    Sheff united
    Barnsley

I never really thought much about Donny in terms of rivalry until the John Ryan era when they had some success. All of a sudden they had fans who were nowhere to be seen when they had all their financial difficulties (when they did have their financial issues I rooted for them because I would hate to see any local club go under).
    When they got their new ground and moved up the league, their fans became very vocal and for a while it looked like their future was very bright when ours was starting to look bleak. At this time I worked in Donny and their fans became unbearable.
    I think they are more of a natural rivalry than Wednesday, Utd or god forbid Leeds. None of those clubs think twice about us so our hatred for them can seem a little strange unless we're playing them or fighting for a league spot against them.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast