+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Donny Rovers

You misinterpreted my post Phil.

Better finance,
    better supported, numbers wise.
    better squad's though Bradford ATM not so.
    Better history.

History does not always mean league position. How about cup runs?
    Titles, getting in the prem league transfer record buy. Sale? Bradford are way above the millers

Ow plus there highest ever league win was Vs the Millers 11.1

Is anyone actually losing sleep over that lot, i'm certainly not UTFM!!!

It must just be me but I have always considered Donny as our main rivals. Mainly because we have competed more with them than any other local club.

How can u call Wednesday our rivals? Rivals of what exactly? We have competed less with Wednesday than Donny and the same with Barnsley.

Bradford are the next club we have competed more with.

In my book to be a rival you have to compete for the same prize!
    Last edited by BigLadonOS; 22-02-2018 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    You misinterpreted my post Phil.

Better finance,
    better supported, numbers wise.
    better squad's though Bradford ATM not so.
    Better history.

History does not always mean league position. How about cup runs?
    Titles, getting in the prem league transfer record buy. Sale? Bradford are way above the millers

Ow plus there highest ever league win was Vs the Millers 11.1
    Sorry Cayton, can`t agree with you that their history is better than ours.They may have had a few more glory moments but we have played at a higher level than them by some distance overall.
    Also,Isn`t it easier to be successful when you play at a lower level?

Like I say Phil imo they are way above us when it comes to historical achievement

They have won the FA cup
    The only team in the last 50+ years to reach a major cup final from the 4th level
    Played in Europe.
    Played at the top flight (league 1/PREM league) for a total of 12 seasons....

that's fleeting success??
    Well at least we have played more level two games than them.. 😁

Phil do you work in a nursing home?

Talking

Like I say Phil imo they are way above us when it comes to historical achievement

They have won the FA cup
    The only team in the last 50+ years to reach a major cup final from the 4th level
    Played in Europe.
    Played at the top flight (league 1/PREM league) for a total of 12 seasons....

that's fleeting success??
    Well at least we have played more level two games than them.. ��

Phil do you work in a nursing home?
    We`ll agree to disagree then Cayton btw wins v Bradfud 38-27 in favour of Millers

Go on then, I`ll buy it.Why do you ask? p.s.What about us reaching the League Cup final?

Haha. Keep grasping at the straws Phil.

I ask as I know a bloke called Phil flute who works for a nursing/care home. No hidden agenda in my question 😏

My reply was in the last 50+ years a 4th tier team. Maybe I should have put last 52 years as it was Rochdale before em
    Wasn't it 60/61 we played there? And I think we were in tier 2 😀

Btw Phil on the 38/27 win ratio we have a better win rate Vs Chelsea though would you say we're the better history wise?
    ok poor example as your prob guna say yes. 😋

Talking

Haha. Keep grasping at the straws Phil.

I ask as I know a bloke called Phil flute who works for a nursing/care home. No hidden agenda in my question ��

My reply was in the last 50+ years a 4th tier team. Maybe I should have put last 52 years as it was Rochdale before em
    Wasn't it 60/61 we played there? And I think we were in tier 2 ��

Btw Phil on the 38/27 win ratio we have a better win rate Vs Chelsea though would you say we're the better history wise?
    ok poor example as your prob guna say yes. ��
    You`ll be telling me next that Chessy have a better history cos they got to a semi final? The 38-27 was in response to your mentioning 11-1 both totally irrelevant!
    The handle is a name my dad used to call me, as in Phil the Fluter`s ball.You might not be old enough?

p.s.Yes 60/61 saw the home leg.... a 2-0 win shame about the return 0-3 at Villa Park
    Last edited by philthefluter; 22-02-2018 at 06:45 PM.

Just been reading about the cup final. First leg was played well before the end of season The 2nd leg was only played 8 days before the 61/62 cup first round started.. I guess a lot more games were called off due to frozen pitches.

Ow aye that's why I posted the Chelsea comment. As irrelevant 🤣

Just been reading about the cup final. First leg was played well before the end of season The 2nd leg was only played 8 days before the 61/62 cup first round started.. I guess a lot more games were called off due to frozen pitches.

Ow aye that's why I posted the Chelsea comment. As irrelevant 🤣
    I seem to think it was scheduled that way.Not everyone entered it then as it was a new competition.
    You mentioning us v Chelsea brought back memories of our home victory in Ronnies heyday. 6-0 wasn`t it.Chelsea fans were chanting we want four five six etc .Happy days

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast