+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warne: 'We'll try to win all 13'

Warne: 'We'll try to win all 13'

Think 10 would get us in the autos and possibly 9. A big ask but not impossible.

I reckon Warney is probably overstating the difficulty of the task.

“You have to win about 12 out of 13 and then still hope the ones above you lose,” he said.

Well it might turn out that way. On the other hand if we win our next two and Shrewsbury and Blackburn lose their next two (long odds I know) we will be a point behind Blackburn and above Shrewsbury on GD.

I don't blame him for playing it down. The right approach for both the players and the fans.

The impossible dream has become the improbable dream for sure. I just hope we keep going and make it a reality.

I don't think its a major hill as what Warney is making out it is for us to go up via autos but I do think it depends a lot on what the team above us do we do need to rely on them to lose a good few games and us to win. Also bearing in mind we have Southend, Wigan and Plymouth yet to play who are all on fire at the minute.

I think were definitely going to be in the play-offs, I don't think were quite there in terms of performances yet to go up through them though, I would rather lose in the semi-finals rather than wasting a day and a lot of money at Wembley. Mind you saying that I was convinced we were going to get a hammering at Shrewsbury

Does anyone think we'll be good enough to compete in the Championship next season rather than be floating near the relegation zone? I think one more season in league 1 to really get ourselves sorted out would do it, but that's just my opinion

Tell you what though, it'll be an exciting end to the season, a nice change from being in a relegation battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post
    I don't think its a major hill as what Warney is making out it is for us to go up via autos but I do think it depends a lot on what the team above us do we do need to rely on them to lose a good few games and us to win. Also bearing in mind we have Southend, Wigan and Plymouth yet to play who are all on fire at the minute.

I think were definitely going to be in the play-offs, I don't think were quite there in terms of performances yet to go up through them though, I would rather lose in the semi-finals rather than wasting a day and a lot of money at Wembley. Mind you saying that I was convinced we were going to get a hammering at Shrewsbury

Does anyone think we'll be good enough to compete in the Championship next season rather than be floating near the relegation zone? I think one more season in league 1 to really get ourselves sorted out would do it, but that's just my opinion

Tell you what though, it'll be an exciting end to the season, a nice change from being in a relegation battle.
    Regarding our chances in the championship if we do it, will depend on TS and the backing he gives to Warnes.

Whenever/if ever we go up I reckon we will struggle. However I do think that if we have the chance to go up it is best to take it as soon as possible.

I think that being in that league, albeit hanging on, gives you a better chance of becoming a contender than being comfortable in the league below. (Although I've not forgotten the nightmare of last season)

Blackburn have Wigan, Southend, Southend and Peterborough to play along with some teams that are struggling

I think our run in is trickier.

Shrewsburys doesn't look that easy. They all have Oxford to play and I think they'll pick up some results from here on in.

Bristol rovers could have a big say in the outcome as 4 of the top 6 have them to play.
    Since our last defeat ( Vs Bristol) they have had some good results
    Thonk they only lossed to shrews n Gillingham..

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Bristol rovers could have a big say in the outcome as 4 of the top 6 have them to play.
    Since our last defeat ( Vs Bristol) they have had some good results
    Thonk they only lossed to shrews n Gillingham..
    Are you that English policeman in Allo Allo? 😀

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast